Risk Management Solutions

www.rms.com
  www.rms.com
There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

Innovative company - great place to work for ambitious and pro-active people

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Very innovative and fast growing company which continues to push itself to retain its position as the best in the industry.

- Get to work with smart and interesting people.

- I struggle to think of many companies that would have provided me with the wealth of opportunities to develop my skills over such a wide range of areas. I have built catastrophe models, involved in post-event reconnaissance missions, suggested and designed new products, presented to 100s of clients and advise on the benefits of RMS(one).

Cons

No company is perfect.... There is frustration and delays can arise as many decisions (esp. around development) are made by teams in California who don’t have enough knowledge about the market needs. If they improved the communication, consulted and trusted the advice of client facing teams in the other offices earlier in the process, then would minimise the amount of re-work required.

Reading some of the other reviews, there is often an expectation at the graduate/analyst level that RMS will define your career path as you would often find at a very large company. At RMS it is up to the individual to really drive their career and make the most and/or create new opportunities for themselves.

Continue to work on cross-office and department collaboration - encourage all middle managers in California (no matter what department) to regularly visit client facing offices to build relationships with colleagues and understand the challenges they and our colleagues are facing.

190 Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions (View Most Recent)

Fantastic, nurturing environment, surrounded by bright, independent thought leaders.

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Diverse company working in scientific catastrophe modelling, capital markets, software and cloud technology. Many opportunities around the globe in a company that has grown immensely in recent years, with a permanent ambition to retain its spot as market leader.

Cons

At the moment it's not the most well-known company and it's hard to quite exactly explain what you and the company do. If you're looking to just be a number for BB or similar, this isn't the place for you.

Keep up the good work; the open, friendly nature of the firm's most senior staff is what really makes this a great place to work.

A rapidly evolving and exciting place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

RMS is rapidly evolving, giving plenty of new and exciting opportunities for everyone. Working closely with clients has enabled us to gain understanding of many different practices within the industry, in order to build the best products to suit all. There is plenty opportunity for client exposure, and the opportunity to feed requirements back to development and actually have an impact. RMS has a very energetic and personable CEO, and that atmosphere is shared across the company. Everyone within my team, as well as across teams, are great fun, as well as intelligent and hard working.

Cons

Teams are split across time zones making it hard to coordinate meetings

There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions