There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Hope for future with Rite Aid!!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fremont, MI
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fremont, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

It is a company that recognizes its weakness's and is trying to improve all the time. The District managers have for years attempted to improve conditions and sales with each store. Treatment towards employee's has risen. Weekly and monthly meetings are hels to listen to our employee's also.

Cons

There are too many people in too many places making decisions that effect your store and have no relevance. There are instances where store managers fail to follow through on what it is Rite Aid is trying to do. They need a better accountability plan to get these managers to raise the standards for store conditions and for employee relations.

Advice to Management

Listen to your help even more than you try to now. I think an outside source who could come in occassionally to review stores and make recommendations. Not ones who are critical but ones who may be brutally honest and professionally sound.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Change Rite Aid to a place where employees are rewarded for their work and pay the accordingly.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Local stores where you get to know your customers and know their needs before they even ask.

Cons

There is not enough help. Techs are hired and can start working without any training. They have a hard time keeping up with the fast pace and quit.

Advice to Management

They need to communicate with the staff and find out the needs of individual stores. Don't let store be understaffed. When you promise your employees a bonus for achieving certain goals you should pay them the appropriate amount on time.

2. Rite Aid corporate

Current Employee - Specialist in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Although I don't yet have my six months in at corporate headquarters, I have experienced enough here -- and elsewhere -- to want to post about my experiences. And what I have experienced has been great. It's a huge company, but there is clearly an effort to make employees feel valued and connected. Tons of contests and events bring people together who wouldn't interact in regular work alone. They even have an elaborate all-volunteer Santa visit for the kids at holidays! And a real commitment to fund raising and charitable efforts, even if it the expectations to get involved border on being pushy. There are a ton of opportunities to get to talk and interact with even the highest levels of management. By far, the best place I've worked overall.

Cons

There is an expectation for a lot of work beyond any other job I've held. While I experience less of this being lower on the totem pole, I see supervisors on up putting a lot of time into the company with at least a little bit of resentment at how much.

Advice to Management

None, at this point. There's already plenty of it being thrown that way.