There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

I've been to hell and it's not pretty.....

Current Employee - Store Manager in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Store Manager in Newark, DE

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm not in hell anymore. Lots of good people just trying to survive and make a living.

Cons

It's no longer ECKERD. Hire back all the Eckerd people you fired and replaced with "street people" just to save a few bucks. Too bad hard working people who put the company first, even before family, have been replaced just to save a buck. SHAME ON YOU RITE AID..

Advice to Management

Disolve the company and start over with NEW PEOPLE. But before that, all upper management, should take all the millions of dollars in bonus money they received and give it to a better deserving charity. OR give it back to the hard working everyday associates who EARNED it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. it was so good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

it was ok to work for

Cons

when they feel you are to old or make to mach monny they try to get you out

Advice to Management

try and make the pople who work for you happy .and try to make everyone one the some not make tham feel that there have to kiss ass to keep there job because if there not happy there con not do a good job

No loyalty to long time workers. Customer complains automatic blaming the employees.

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My co-workers.We did our job despite of it all.

Cons

Lazy managers, incompetent district managers, hiring management team outside the company, too many online trainings that waste time during shifts. You have to take some of them WEEKLY! Not to mention idiot managers who don't hire people (they do this to get bonuses) and schedule enough during peak hours. Imagine a store that makes $24,000 on a friday night with only 6 people scheduled. That includes ice cream service. That is almost non-stop cashier duty for everyone. Forget stock checks, audits, straightening, gobacks, carry out, price check or break times. Ten to twenty customers deep on the registers. Longer when one of my cashiers go to lunch. Then DM complains about costumer service?! Bunch of morons. No wonder the stock is tanking.

Way too many bogus complaints from customers who only wants giftcards (bribes) given to them by district managers. This is a well known scam but DM's ignore it. I wonder why. They usually get $50 to $100 dollars in value. Some of them get multiple giftcards from different DMs!

Advice to Management

None. Figure it out.

To others here is my advice just do enough work to complete the task, don't overwork yourself. It's not worth it in the end.