An okay place

Former Employee - Front End Associate in Mauldin, SC
Former Employee - Front End Associate in Mauldin, SC

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good with working with your schedule, esp if you're in school or something similar.

Cons

On your feet a lot, which can get tiring and you can't sit, even if you need to for a while.

Advice to Management

Take a look at what happens in other countries- happy employees can sit, sometimes, and not be lazy. Also, consider what you pay your employees. Front end associates all make different amounts depending on when they were hired, and what offers they got but all raises are the same. It means someone who worked there 10 years could still make less than someone at the same spot who worked less time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

RITE AID IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sad that I can't name one..

Cons

I quit this stupid waste of a company, every review you read is true. The company swamps you with work that you do not have enough payroll or time to get done, then you get blamed. Benefits suck, pay sucks, schedule sucks. If your a store manager this only consists of being a stock boy and a cashier..Literally the only managerial duty you will do is count the crappy 1000 dollar deposit that rite aid will make for the day. The supervisors they hire make 8 an hr and they expect you to motivate these people, you work almost every holiday unless you can manage to get it off. Overall this company is the worst I have ever worked for and would wait tables over going back to rite aid. Quitting was the best decision i ever made..

Advice to Management

Close the business and let walgreens take over.. They whipp rite aid in sale's and service anyways.

easy

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a very difficult job if you're used to working with people in a retail setting. They have a recognition program set up. I have a pretty good team at my store, and we all get along well.

Cons

Can't move out of the parents house on the base pay, that's for sure. Beside the recognition program they have set on the store level, no other praise is really seen. The blame trickles down the ladder very fast when something goes wrong. They cut hours a lot to try to save money on payroll, which is especially frustrating during the holiday season when you cant move from the registers.

Advice to Management

Work with employees that would like to advance within the company.