There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Rite Aid - pharmacy's equivalent of Titanic? maybe not anymore

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Pharmacist in New York, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-1199 Union benefits - medical/dental/rx + pension after +5 years
-Getting better as a company despite the poorly planned merger deal with Eckerd
-New wellness store format really spruced up the appearance of some of the decrepit, homely stores
-Occassionally working with people who care about the job (they do exist) and the people they serve.
-The pay at chain pharmacies is still the highest right out of pharmacy school. I plan on finding a hospital job after paying off my loans.

Cons

-Sometimes stressful working conditions esp in busy pharmacy.
-Alot of the front end people don't like their jobs and are often times understaffed.
-Lower pay if in union and pay raises are rare nowadays (none in past few years)
-Understaffing (past few years they have been cutting tech hours. They have a formula based on rx counts to calculate necessary tech hours but I feel that formula is flawed and doesnt take all the work that has to be done into account)
-Almost impossible to eat any decent lunch in a busy pharmacy
-Repetitive work
-Occasional cranky and sour customers but it's natural working in a retail setting.
-As a floater you are sometimes to called on the very day you thought you had off.
-They will fire you over the seemingly minor offenses (ex: leaving hippa trash in locked patient consultation room, checking work email on off hours)
-Pharmacy manager is considered non-union and has crappy health insurance albeit higher pay and year-end bonuses.

Don't fire everyone over every offense. Maybe have a 3 strikes warning but to fire hard working pharmacist who have been loyal to the company for +20 years seems counterproductive. They will start their own pharmacies or run to the competition and you lose a good worker and employee + customer loyalty. Think about it.

910 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

easy

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not a very difficult job if you're used to working with people in a retail setting. They have a recognition program set up. I have a pretty good team at my store, and we all get along well.

Cons

Can't move out of the parents house on the base pay, that's for sure. Beside the recognition program they have set on the store level, no other praise is really seen. The blame trickles down the ladder very fast when something goes wrong. They cut hours a lot to try to save money on payroll, which is especially frustrating during the holiday season when you cant move from the registers.

Work with employees that would like to advance within the company.

Pharmacy

Former Employee - Supervising Pharmacist  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Supervising Pharmacist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive salary and great opportunity to advance.

Cons

Lots of politics at the top.

Promote from within because of talent like likeability.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!