There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Pharmacist

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

fast pace. better hourly wage

Cons

not so great benefits, work stress

944 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Not family

Former Employee - Store Manager in Ware, MA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Ware, MA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I had working under me were a great team

Cons

I was forced to retire due to the fact that it seems as RA is trying to get rid of all the older Brook's employees. My store was the lowest in payroll hours available and the dm sent someone to help clean up the backroom, which really wasn't that bad. I did not ask for help but he wrote me up because he sent help. They are going around trying to eliminate for any reason the older managers.
    We did not run our stores, we were micromanaged. I also never got any kind of bonus because the guidelines were too high for a low volume store.

Let the store managers run their store they know what sells and what the customers want

Former Pharmacy Employee

Former Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was good but be aware you will not be eligible for benefits until you are full time employed for 3 months because they "observe" your hours for a quarter before you are eligible for benefits.

Cons

Yeah, yeah, I know retail pharmacy can be difficult but... I actually googled Utah employment law to see if this was legal: I worked a 11 hour shift and was not allowed to take a lunch break or ANY break for that matter. If you had to pee you would hurry and get right back to work. If you had to eat, you ate standing up. If there were too many customers, you didn't get to besides chugging slim-fast shakes. I wasn't even the pharmacist. I guess in Utah it IS legal for a company to not offer an employee a lunch break so know that when you apply for a job. Wow! The work environment was terrible and the manager was constantly complaining every day. In fact everyone in the pharmacy was constantly complaining. The pharmacy manager actually told me that they would be afraid to send their own mother to a Rite Aid for an Rx because it's so understaffed they'd be worried about a mistake.

It would get really busy sometimes and nobody was allowed to take a break. By the end of a busy day silly mistakes would happen and I'm not kidding customers would be scared to know. You are not treated like a human being if you are employed there so you don't really care about the customer/patient. There was a break room for the non-pharmacy employees but it was not heated and by the shipment area so the temperature would be the same as the outside. It was snowing outside!! The non-pharmacy employees would wear their coats and winter hats sitting at this sad little table in a corner. That was the break area. It was like looking at HOMELESS people on the street. I know that no place is perfect but I was truly shocked at how this place treats their employees. It was a depressing place to work and that's why I got a job somewhere else. Not worth the headache.

Treat the pharmacy staff like human beings. They need to eat. No wonder there are no pharmacists over 35 years old working at Rite Aid. They all look for other jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid