There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Not great, but not horrible

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Day goes by fast, always too much to do.

Cons

Not really sure what they mean by being a manager, don't really manage anything but the warehouse. All I do all day is move freight from front to back. Hold cashiers accountable, do we really need to run up front every minute to override a return or void? Read the report and identify patterns, way to time consuming for managers who are too busy breaking down pallets of freight by themselves.

Managers need more training time. Playing catch up since day 1.

952 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Pharmacy Intern at Rite Aid

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Rite Aid as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Nextgen system and good people. I received a scholarship and then was offered a summer internship at $17 an hour. The pay was not as competitive as Kaiser but they were very flexible with my schedule. The company is running out of money so my hours were limited to 350 for the summer. However, that was back in 201. The industry is struggling even more due to health reform and reimbursement but still a good summer internship from a community pharmacy setting. Wealthy clientele.

Cons

Company is falling behind against CVS And Walgreen since bleeding cash and bad upper management

Listen to people on front lines

Good company to build your resume

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company often promotes from within. Went from Cashier to Store Manager in 5 years. Many corporate oppurtunities if you're willing to re-locate. Upper management is way more friendly than any other retailer. Company matches 401k 100% for the first two years.

Cons

Company offers bonuses, but you won't see one because corporate charges stores $1,500 for every customer complaint & that comes straight off your bottom line. They also have stock options, but Rite Aid stock is about $1.50 a share lol

There's no way possible all required projects can be done with the about of payroll allocated to stores. Management health insurance options suck.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid