There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Had poor management while I worked there

Former Employee - Cashier in Wenatchee, WA
Former Employee - Cashier in Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun co workers and loved the interaction with customers.

Cons

Poor management, lack of correct stock on hand and poor customer service for couponers.

Advice to Management

Send supervisors and managers to regular actual trainings not just online classes. Some managers and some supervisors were unnecessarily rude to co workers and customers even after these issues were brought to their attention.

reviews filtered by

Rite Aid ate my life

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are able and willing and you work hard you will get promoted. Having open availability helps a lot. Sometimes it's fun they really don't care if you're traditionally too young to be the boss I can't drink legally and yet I'm an ASM.

Cons

I work 11 days for every 2 weeks 8+ hours a day overnights closings followed by opening the next day every holiday except Christmas. I'm on call 24/7. You can choose 2 of 3 work, sleep, or social life. The pay is crap. They stores are not allotted enough hours to get everything that needs to be done done. Customers are terrible I've been punched, I've been yelled at because apparently there's no way to take 30 pills before they expire in a year and a half and therefore I should give them a discount. You can't do much anything to stop thieves accept pull low quality images from cameras and write down license plate numbers. If a thief steals something and you accuse them of stealing and can't prove it they can fire you. If you are tricked by scammers that the entire region is aware of and having trouble dealing with and catching you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Employee's are the most valuable asset , even more so than customers. When they see customers being treated better than them (petty complaints being acknowledged, customers receiving discounts equal to or greater than employees, and employees being disciplined for having even the least expectation of human decency from customers) They will grow to resent the customers and not want to help them as readily. Also Pharmacy and front end to be able to collaberate better so that both know what the other is doing and what their expectations are.

2. Pharmacy Intern at Rite Aid

Former Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Rite Aid as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Nextgen system and good people. I received a scholarship and then was offered a summer internship at $17 an hour. The pay was not as competitive as Kaiser but they were very flexible with my schedule. The company is running out of money so my hours were limited to 350 for the summer. However, that was back in 201. The industry is struggling even more due to health reform and reimbursement but still a good summer internship from a community pharmacy setting. Wealthy clientele.

Cons

Company is falling behind against CVS And Walgreen since bleeding cash and bad upper management

Advice to Management

Listen to people on front lines