There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Good JobIns

Current Employee - Pharmacy Associate  in  Cornish, ME
Current Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Cornish, ME

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has a family atmosphere. Our opinions and ideas are well received,

Cons

Don't really have any complaints.

902 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Rite Aid ate my life

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are able and willing and you work hard you will get promoted. Having open availability helps a lot. Sometimes it's fun they really don't care if you're traditionally too young to be the boss I can't drink legally and yet I'm an ASM.

Cons

I work 11 days for every 2 weeks 8+ hours a day overnights closings followed by opening the next day every holiday except Christmas. I'm on call 24/7. You can choose 2 of 3 work, sleep, or social life. The pay is crap. They stores are not allotted enough hours to get everything that needs to be done done. Customers are terrible I've been punched, I've been yelled at because apparently there's no way to take 30 pills before they expire in a year and a half and therefore I should give them a discount. You can't do much anything to stop thieves accept pull low quality images from cameras and write down license plate numbers. If a thief steals something and you accuse them of stealing and can't prove it they can fire you. If you are tricked by scammers that the entire region is aware of and having trouble dealing with and catching you will be fired.

Employee's are the most valuable asset , even more so than customers. When they see customers being treated better than them (petty complaints being acknowledged, customers receiving discounts equal to or greater than employees, and employees being disciplined for having even the least expectation of human decency from customers) They will grow to resent the customers and not want to help them as readily. Also Pharmacy and front end to be able to collaberate better so that both know what the other is doing and what their expectations are.

An OK company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No Pressure, friendly people to work with.

Cons

Lots of hours and heavy work

Provide more benefits to employees

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!