There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Former Pharmacy Employee

Former Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was good but be aware you will not be eligible for benefits until you are full time employed for 3 months because they "observe" your hours for a quarter before you are eligible for benefits.

Cons

Yeah, yeah, I know retail pharmacy can be difficult but... I actually googled Utah employment law to see if this was legal: I worked a 11 hour shift and was not allowed to take a lunch break or ANY break for that matter. If you had to pee you would hurry and get right back to work. If you had to eat, you ate standing up. If there were too many customers, you didn't get to besides chugging slim-fast shakes. I wasn't even the pharmacist. I guess in Utah it IS legal for a company to not offer an employee a lunch break so know that when you apply for a job. Wow! The work environment was terrible and the manager was constantly complaining every day. In fact everyone in the pharmacy was constantly complaining. The pharmacy manager actually told me that they would be afraid to send their own mother to a Rite Aid for an Rx because it's so understaffed they'd be worried about a mistake.

It would get really busy sometimes and nobody was allowed to take a break. By the end of a busy day silly mistakes would happen and I'm not kidding customers would be scared to know. You are not treated like a human being if you are employed there so you don't really care about the customer/patient. There was a break room for the non-pharmacy employees but it was not heated and by the shipment area so the temperature would be the same as the outside. It was snowing outside!! The non-pharmacy employees would wear their coats and winter hats sitting at this sad little table in a corner. That was the break area. It was like looking at HOMELESS people on the street. I know that no place is perfect but I was truly shocked at how this place treats their employees. It was a depressing place to work and that's why I got a job somewhere else. Not worth the headache.

Treat the pharmacy staff like human beings. They need to eat. No wonder there are no pharmacists over 35 years old working at Rite Aid. They all look for other jobs.

948 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Don't work here

Current Employee - Cashier in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some really great co-workers
    20% discount (but most customers already have that)

Cons

NO BREAKS
    Understaffed
    Poor pay
    Wasteful (We recycle virtually NOTHING)
    Corporate rules (throwing away items just b/c they don't scan)

Why don't you stop kidding yourself about a "wellness+ program"? You don't care about customers' health, you don't even care about your employees! Everyone is stressed and overworked. Cashiers are forced to do 6 jobs at once all while getting paid minimum wage. Rite Aid cares about one thing: profit. They could care less about the environment. Not only are the receipts over a foot long, we recycle almost nothing. Yup - that's right. Cardboard boxes, newspaper, receipt paper, plastic...it all goes in a landfill. Rite Aid's wastefulness is astounding. We are forced to throw away perfectly good items, new items, just because our computer system has trouble scanning them. Why don't we fix the computer instead of throwing away an item? I'm no environmentalist but hell, if you've got a product - it had to be made somewhere, travel on a truck and end up here...just do be thrown away? I'm not okay with that. But I follow orders for fear of being fired. Corporate rules don't allow for stores to make individual decisions on anything. All employees live in fear of their bosses, and their bosses in fear of corporate. To conclude, Rite Aid management...You're not helping anyone's wellness - you're essentially a gas station that pretends to be high class. Your biggest profits come from selling beer and cigarettes. You're not some company that cares. You're a huge corporation that acts like a corporation. I have no advice for you, I wish CVS the best.

Minimum wage, nothing to expect.

Current Employee - Cashier in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Flushing, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a cashier, it pays the bills.

Cons

There are some highly crazy customers.

Learn to not understaff and make sure store essentials are stocked.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid