Rite Aid

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Quality company.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, solid management.

Cons

Average pay at best, significant commitment required.

1020 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Good JobIns

Current Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Cornish, ME
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Cornish, ME

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It has a family atmosphere. Our opinions and ideas are well received,

Cons

Don't really have any complaints.

Rite Aid ate my life

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are able and willing and you work hard you will get promoted. Having open availability helps a lot. Sometimes it's fun they really don't care if you're traditionally too young to be the boss I can't drink legally and yet I'm an ASM.

Cons

I work 11 days for every 2 weeks 8+ hours a day overnights closings followed by opening the next day every holiday except Christmas. I'm on call 24/7. You can choose 2 of 3 work, sleep, or social life. The pay is crap. They stores are not allotted enough hours to get everything that needs to be done done. Customers are terrible I've been punched, I've been yelled at because apparently there's no way to take 30 pills before they expire in a year and a half and therefore I should give them a discount. You can't do much anything to stop thieves accept pull low quality images from cameras and write down license plate numbers. If a thief steals something and you accuse them of stealing and can't prove it they can fire you. If you are tricked by scammers that the entire region is aware of and having trouble dealing with and catching you will be fired.

Employee's are the most valuable asset , even more so than customers. When they see customers being treated better than them (petty complaints being acknowledged, customers receiving discounts equal to or greater than employees, and employees being disciplined for having even the least expectation of human decency from customers) They will grow to resent the customers and not want to help them as readily. Also Pharmacy and front end to be able to collaberate better so that both know what the other is doing and what their expectations are.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid