Rite Aid

www.riteaid.com
  www.riteaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

It's not the best but it's not the worst employer out there. A fair evaluation.

Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY
Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Promitions generally are within the company, work-load is manageable, friendly associates/upper management, easy to relocate, phramacy employees treated best, management will work with you and generally are easy with absences or being late for work (as long as you call), and overall good managers.

Cons

There are a couple different things wrong with this company. One would have to be no time for family or any sort of social life. Management usually has a guidelines for making weekend work everyother weekend, but they are rarely followed. They also tend to make the same people work every weekend which is unfair to certain employees. No, personal paid time. Benefits are not so good. Another things is low pay, for certain positions but there sometimes is another problem with pay. If their is a holiday where the bank is closed expect your check to come in a day late. If you get a raise expect to wait four weeks to see the pay increase. Maximum of a 3% percent raise increase per year (standard for most companies today). They claim they want to pay you but do everything in their power to delay the process.

Try to pay your employees in a timely manner, they work hard for you and their should be no reason for a delay in paying them, whether, upper or lower management. I mean you pay us bi-weekly isn't that enough?

I know times are tough, but at least offering better benefits would help your employees live happier and healthier lives. I mean you preach wellness but can't even offer better benefits to keep your own employees well. Personal time, their should be more of it. Sunday's could be elimated from some stores for the front end scheduling because their is little or no profit made on these day's by front end associates. Or you could opt. to make it manditory that no one work more than one consecutive weekend (with some exceptions of course). I firmly believe that if you treat your employees well that it will reflect in their work and Rite Aid has a long way to go to reach this goal.

I am from state where Wegam's is one of the biggest grocery store chains and people shop their just because of how well they treat their associates. I mean I even find myself wanting to shop their because I want to promote companies like that. So, these changes can not only help your employees but your communites' outlook on you as a whole.

Ps. I know we are a pharmacy, but the front end seems to be always lesser of a focus for the company. I think front end sales are just important as pushing drugs. On top of that the drug compliance program is a joke. We all know its cause you are losing sales by someone not picking up a prescription (lol).

I think the company needs to focus less on sales growth and more on helping people and the community. Helping people in an honest and trustworthy way is a sale because you get a customer for life.

1014 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

It was ok for a 1st job

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People were friendly, caring and always looked out for you. Flexible with schedule.

Cons

Pay wasn't very good, was there for 5 years and my pay increase barely went up. Break was a little difficult, I worked in Pharmacy so that was a problem.

To try to increase the pay. I was in the pharmacy techinican position and the pay lacked. It's not far, there were people who worked in the front end that got paid more than Pharmacy Techs, and that wasn't at all fair.

Pharmacy intern

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than an year)

Pros

people are friendly and nice

Cons

no break during shifts because pharmacy is always busy

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid