Rite Aid

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, room to grow and rise up in the company.
Going in the right direction as a company.

Cons

Upper management could use some work. They are headed in the right direction, but could still improve.
Payroll isn't what it used to be, but what retailer has extra nowadays.

Be more connected with your stores and more open to ideas and more open about when you are happy about a stores performance. Recognition where it is DESERVED is a must. This will have a trickle-down effect. More energy needs to be focused on that from the upper management teams. It will increase self esteem and pride in stores, which will in turn, increase productivity, employee confidence, and ultimately the customer experience and sales. And smile once in awhile. Also, we are held accountable for our actions at store level; the same should apply to those on higher rungs and in other departments.

1124 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Management is great, corporate decisions are not so great.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Proper management. I couldn't ask for a better management team. Everything is well balanced, and I feel comfortable discussing any issues with them.

Cons

- The pay leaves much to be desired.

- Some of the store policies are a joke.

- Corporate doesn't seem to care about associate input. In fact, the portal doesn't contain any surveys under the "associate feedback" section. That is quite disappointing.

- Some of the business decisions make me wonder if they aren't drawing the ideas from a hat.

- High prices mean less business. Get this through your heads, corporate. The prices set up north, where the cost of living is higher, do not work for your southern stores. I have lost many customers due to our high prices.

- Misleading sale stickers have lead to many angry customers. If you're going to put up a sticker with giant letters that advertises a specific price, you need to ensure that the requirements for that price are listed in equally large letters.

See above, I listed my main concerns in the Cons section.

Not what I expected it to be.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Other employees were kind and showed good customer service.

Cons

Re-locating without being made aware of situation, Minimum wage per hour, rude and unorganized management.

Learn how to speak employees better.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid