There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Management is great, corporate decisions are not so great.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Proper management. I couldn't ask for a better management team. Everything is well balanced, and I feel comfortable discussing any issues with them.

Cons

- The pay leaves much to be desired. - Some of the store policies are a joke. - Corporate doesn't seem to care about associate input. In fact, the portal doesn't contain any surveys under the "associate feedback" section. That is quite disappointing. - Some of the business decisions make me wonder if they aren't drawing the ideas from a hat. - High prices mean less business. Get this through your heads, corporate. The prices set up north, where the cost of living is higher, do not work for your southern stores. I have lost many customers due to our high prices. - Misleading sale stickers have lead to many angry customers. If you're going to put up a sticker with giant letters that advertises a specific price, you need to ensure that the requirements for that price are listed in equally large letters.

Advice to Management

See above, I listed my main concerns in the Cons section.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. Not what I expected it to be.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other employees were kind and showed good customer service.

Cons

Re-locating without being made aware of situation, Minimum wage per hour, rude and unorganized management.

Advice to Management

Learn how to speak employees better.

It's not the best but it's not the worst employer out there. A fair evaluation.

Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY
    Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promitions generally are within the company, work-load is manageable, friendly associates/upper management, easy to relocate, phramacy employees treated best, management will work with you and generally are easy with absences or being late for work (as long as you call), and overall good managers.

Cons

There are a couple different things wrong with this company. One would have to be no time for family or any sort of social life. Management usually has a guidelines for making weekend work everyother weekend, but they are rarely followed. They also tend to make the same people work every weekend which is unfair to certain employees. No, personal paid time. Benefits are not so good. Another things is low pay, for certain positions but there sometimes is another problem with pay. If their is a holiday where the bank is closed expect your check to come in a day late. If you get a raise expect to wait four weeks to see the pay increase. Maximum of a 3% percent raise increase per year (standard for most companies today). They claim they want to pay you but do everything in their power to delay the process.

Advice to Management

Try to pay your employees in a timely manner, they work hard for you and their should be no reason for a delay in paying them, whether, upper or lower management. I mean you pay us bi-weekly isn't that enough? I know times are tough, but at least offering better benefits would help your employees live happier and healthier lives. I mean you preach wellness but can't even offer better benefits to keep your own employees well. Personal time, their should be more of it. Sunday's could be elimated from some stores for the front end scheduling because their is little or no profit made on these day's by front end associates. Or you could opt. to make it manditory that no one work more than one consecutive weekend (with some exceptions of course). I firmly believe that if you treat your employees well that it will reflect in their work and Rite Aid has a long way to go to reach this goal. I am from state where Wegam's is one of the biggest grocery store chains and people shop their just because of how well they treat their associates. I mean I even find myself wanting to shop their because I want to promote companies like that. So, these changes can not only help your employees but your communites' outlook on you as a whole. Ps. I know we are a pharmacy, but the front end seems to be always lesser of a focus for the company. I think front end sales are just important as pushing drugs. On top of that the drug compliance program is a joke. We all know its cause you are losing sales by someone not picking up a prescription (lol). I think the company needs to focus less on sales growth and more on helping people and the community. Helping people in an honest and trustworthy way is a sale because you get a customer for life.