There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

A great place to learn if you can see the trees for the forest

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

very hands on, lots of interaction with customers, upper management is overall receptive to employee feedback, great people work here. I have held three positions and grew into a leader here! I loved my time working here and I loved my customers. Very glad that I stuck it out through the merge with Eckerd and they are really evolving into a company who is employee-friendly. I LOVED my staff at each store I ran. I learned a lot about attention to detail, inventory management and team building and supervision. learned how to use my own judgment to lead a team. I grew confidence in my ability to get great results. I was a first time manager who learned so much valuable information. The sink or swim environment pushed me harder and I adapted quickly. I don't know about others but my District Team was amazing!

Cons

as a Store Manager, there is some stress of trying to juggle multiple positions on minimal staff. payroll hours for cashiers are low which puts you on register and can be frustrating if people need help in the back of the store or if you want to do things in your back room. not much room to advance because of downsizing there aren't many positions to move up to. In order to put the focus back on the customers, we need a little more help in the store 10 - 15 hours of payroll makes a HUGE difference in these stores and customers are starting to notice when you are alone and when they cannot get help on the sales floor. Shift managers are sometimes more focused on task completion than taking initiative and caring for the customers which at times puts the manager trying to pick up the extra tasks. SOME staff is very gossip focused and negative and you have really got to focus on not putting yourself in the middle of petty he said she said or negativity by turning into positive conversation. I really kept to myself and attached myself to those who kept out of gossip. If you can avoid that, you will move up. Manager's pay is not always fair. some managers start higher than others with less experience. the compensation for managers and shifts could be a little better as we are doing a multitude of job functions at once.

Continue to listen to your teams in the store for feedback of what is working and what isn't. You have great staff in majority of the employees. create new positions to give the store managers and assistants options of upward mobility. You have many great managers who have been waiting 5 plus years for a chance to move up with nothing opening up in their areas. For example, in my area, I could name 10 managers ahead of me who deserve to be a District Manager just as much if not more than I do. Continue to use our feedback to build a company that other companies will admire. Your employees are very dedicated and as long as you treat them right, they will do the same.

957 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, room to grow and rise up in the company.
    Going in the right direction as a company.

Cons

Upper management could use some work. They are headed in the right direction, but could still improve.
    Payroll isn't what it used to be, but what retailer has extra nowadays.

Be more connected with your stores and more open to ideas and more open about when you are happy about a stores performance. Recognition where it is DESERVED is a must. This will have a trickle-down effect. More energy needs to be focused on that from the upper management teams. It will increase self esteem and pride in stores, which will in turn, increase productivity, employee confidence, and ultimately the customer experience and sales. And smile once in awhile. Also, we are held accountable for our actions at store level; the same should apply to those on higher rungs and in other departments.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Associate in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Athens, GA

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule and solid management

Cons

Boring and tedious at times

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid