Tough Place to Work

Former Employee - Manager in Harrisburg, PA
Former Employee - Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Harrisburg is a nice town if you work in the home office.

Cons

A lack of respect for fellow employees. It has been awhile since I was there and I hope it has changed, but if you are planning to interview for a job there I'd try and talk with some more recent employees.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The bottom of the food chain in the Retail business. I couldn't believe that many other people have left bad ratings.

Current Employee - Associate in Ocean Springs, MS
    Current Employee - Associate in Ocean Springs, MS

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have 401K and Aetna is their insurance :-). This is really good. I like the Rewards Points Program., you really can save a lot.

Cons

Their managers don't train you well at all. They want to see you fail while working with other Associates and Staff members. They won't even try to help you Transfer if you really needed to go to another state because of personal issues in your family. They have no moral values whatsoever! The Pharmacy Manager needs to be re-trained all over again. She could do a whole lot better than she is doing.

Advice to Management

They could start their Pharmacy Technicians off with more than $10.00 per hour. This is the same amount they are paying their Associates. They do a whole lot and at least deserve $12.00 per hour when starting out. They need to pay their Pharmacy Staff a lot more than what they do because the guests and patient complain all the time about how long it takes to pick up their medicine(s).

2. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, room to grow and rise up in the company.
    Going in the right direction as a company.

Cons

Upper management could use some work. They are headed in the right direction, but could still improve.
    Payroll isn't what it used to be, but what retailer has extra nowadays.

Advice to Management

Be more connected with your stores and more open to ideas and more open about when you are happy about a stores performance. Recognition where it is DESERVED is a must. This will have a trickle-down effect. More energy needs to be focused on that from the upper management teams. It will increase self esteem and pride in stores, which will in turn, increase productivity, employee confidence, and ultimately the customer experience and sales. And smile once in awhile. Also, we are held accountable for our actions at store level; the same should apply to those on higher rungs and in other departments.