There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Not looking good for the future

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

The health insurance is on a par with other similar companies. Full time employees are paid for all major holidays. Depending on store manager, you can have a very flexible schedule.

Cons

Due to cost cutting and downsizing, opportunities to advance are limited and pay has decreased in those positions also. The company overall seems to be on a downhill slide that it can't seem to stop. Sales in the southeast are dismal and there seems to be nothing coming to end this. If you make suggestions about increasing sales you encounter a smirk and chuckle as if you're an idiot. Stores are being run on skeleton staff, but we are asked to do more and more as if we can somehow do it through a positive attitude. We are not being given very good sales to compete with, our seasonal distribution is not enough to fill the seasonal aisles with and our upper management (DM's, Regional VP's)wants to reem us out every opportunity for things that affect our stores very little at all (micro-management!). We no longer have assistant managers, they were demoted to shift supervisors, with cuts in pay and hours. The managers are now hourly also. There seems to be no hope of moving up what with present or upcoming store closures in the area. We are on our third district manager in less than 2 years , so any hope you had of moving up dissappears each time they change and you start the process over again. There has been alot of turnover in the former eckerd stores since rite aid took over (especiall pharmacists, and that kills customer traffic). I I regret coming to work for this company!

Give us better sales to compete with CVS and Walgreen's. The soda ads need to be better. Try not to give us so much to do each week(planograms especially!). We are running on few hours and can't do much more! Send us an order sheet for seasonal items if we wish to reorder items that sell well. Give us more freedom to merchandise our stores to suit our market. Give us more than 1 frigin week of vacation when we start with the company. Stop making everything other than a sale ring on the register a manager authorized function, I'm running to the register every two minutes! Have a trainer in each district that travels around to stores to train us on photo equipment, western union, pharmacy tech training, etc. Doing a quick test on a computer does not train us on these or other things. Since we are not given any time for training, everyone in this district does these by walking back and forth to the computer in between customers. We can't answer one question about the subject five minutes after it's completed! Get a more up to date computer system for the pharmacy, the system eckerd had was faster and more user friendly. The system now in place is antiquated! You would have happier customers and employees with a faster and more user friendly system. As I said the old eckerd system and even the older CVS and Walgreen systems from ten years ago were better than this crap the pharmacies are saddled with! This will improve the wait time and your pharmacy business which is the backbone of the whole store!

910 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

ATTN: Low volume store managers!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

I have the greatest employees in the world. The customers are pretty awesome too. Sometimes it's the little things that make your day.

Cons

This new change in the low volume stores folks, now tell me was there a definitive date on written documentation on when this was to occur?? All I know was at the meeting I attended, amidst the confusion by the DM's presenting it and not being able to fully answer questions effectively, I received one handout. On that handout showed no effective start date for hourly change. On that handout, if any of you managers looked at the fine print comparison chart, showed a difference is the Short Term and Long Term disability points.

Hey guys, don't have surgery, have a baby,etc. If you do, plan on not getting paid for a week! 1 week waiting period (just like your full time hourly cashiers).

What makes the manager down the road who is not a low volume store have better benefits than me?? especially when he/she is less than adequate to run a higher volume store.

Why should 1 manager get 100% of his/her 'salary' for the first pay and 75% thereafter vs. another who on their first two weeks of LOA only receive 1 week pay at 75%??? And there's no time and 1/2 factored in of that 45 hours. or 90 hours for the following pay.

Sound like more lawsuits to me? How can upper mgmt. throw this at some 1750 management associates? Hello... we're still running your stores!

Again executives, what makes the manager down the road who runs a higher volume store have better STD/LTD benefits than me? If you or one of your own had surgery, had to go on LOA and receive only a one week paycheck, you'd see things in a different light.

I know that anyone, even a president of a company can change from exempt (salary) to non-exempt (hourly), but how can it be legal to change benefits??

Not A bad job

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

They have a very laid back work environment or atleast from what i have experienced. The pay is also very good.

Cons

The major bad side to working for rite aid would be the management. Most of the higer ups have no people skills at all.

I would recommend learning to be more personal and not sitting on a high horse. That would be my only real advice

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!