Cashier

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time

Pros

My experience has been great. My managers teach the cashiers how to do tasks they do in case if they are not there. It gives you a sense of responsibility and experience for future positions.

Cons

Start with minimum wage, depending on store hard to advance.

Advice to Management

Start with a little more than minimum wage. Cashiers do a lot. This includes rude customers (depending on the neighborhood) cleaning, facing, theft (not all of the time)

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. Low paid corporate drone

Former Employee - Front End Associate in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Associate in Fresno, CA

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount on some items Easy and clean working conditions They are everywhere

Cons

Very hard to get full time Dealing with irate customers, thieves, and disgruntled employees. Low pay Management consistently understaffed and under-trained, insane hours Benefits? Barely This is just your generic, low paid cashier job. You sit on the till or stock the shelves for the most part. I feel sorry for the managers, they get paid next to nothing and have to work 60 hours a week. No thank you.

Advice to Management

It is rather sickening how many companies take advantage of part time employees in order to skirt having to pay benefits. It's not surprising, but it still is very hard to live on these wages.

2. Accountability and intelligence or Company simply won't revive itself

Pros

Rite Aid has some talent. Too many of those talented people are unfortunately hiding in the shadows gripped with fear about keeping their jobs.

Cons

The upper management ... DMs, PDMs, HR, Talent need to be taught about honesty, basic professional etiquette and the difference between right and wrong. There is an astonishing amount of lack of business accountability which is being tolerated and if pointed out, retaliated against. The time and attention being paid to such matters is a complete deflection of the desperate needs of the business.

Advice to Management

Managers in all capacities need to "knock it off", do their jobs and treat their people with courtesy and professionalism. If upper management is not talented enough, then they should be made to step down...and I don't mean "manage them out of the business!" ... a phrase most young managers in particular will not be able to understand. I mean position people appropriately so they can further develop what they are good at. This is urgent. There have been too many talented casualties, guilty of nothing but extremely hard work. Favoritism and exclusivity are symptoms of a toxic and desperately immature work environment. Worse yet, secrets and lies become transparent to people and destroy cohesion and morale. I believe an infusion of new, creative and willing talent, probably from outside pharmacy, is called for. The look and feel of our stores are what will drive traffic and numbers. If we don't change the feel of our stores (which trickles down from upper management), then the company will simply not make it. Perhaps an aquisition is where we're headed ... but whatever way we're headed, the business simply won't survive with as many of these current attitudes and behaviors being tolerated.