There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Great company, Crazy hours

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

During my time at Rite Aid, I have advanced through the ranks fairly quickly. I went from a part time cashier on up to a Store Manager in 5 years. Keep in mind during those five years I graduated high school, and college with my bachelors. So it was a rough five years, but the potential was found in me and they decided to help me on my career path.

Good pay, depending on your experience. I went into this with no experience whatsoever, I was actually 16 when I started. Easy work if you like customer interaction as well as tasks such as merchandising. Little supervision from DM, visits every few weeks. Main communication channels are e-mail and texting depending on the DM.

Cons

The major cons, which keeps me from thinking of this job as a potential career is the weekend and holiday work. Management is expected to work at least one weekend day, one night and holidays. This includes Christmas, Easter, etc.

Hours can be rough, trucks sometimes come prior to 6am, days can be up to 16 hours long.

Close on holidays and engage in profit sharing with store management.

900 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

24 hour pharmacy in a busy district

Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of work at the register and customer interaction since your job is primarily to face the customers when they come to pick up their drugs. The pharmacists and pharmacy technicians work quietly in the back.

Cons

There is not much opportunity learn other skills related to pharmacy because you are just busy with customer service.

Give opportunities for clerks to be trained

Enjoyed working for this company

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Plymouth, NH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Plymouth, NH

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, Opportunity to grow if you apply yourself. Good pay for management. Loved meeting new people and making lifetime customers. Worked with some really good people.

Cons

Only hire part time if not management. Minimum wage for non-management. Hard to keep employees due to only hiring part time.

Don't expect everyone to memorize all the numbers. That is what reports are for. Look at the results and not so hard at how they are achieved as long as with in guidelines.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!