Great company, Crazy hours

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

During my time at Rite Aid, I have advanced through the ranks fairly quickly. I went from a part time cashier on up to a Store Manager in 5 years. Keep in mind during those five years I graduated high school, and college with my bachelors. So it was a rough five years, but the potential was found in me and they decided to help me on my career path.

Good pay, depending on your experience. I went into this with no experience whatsoever, I was actually 16 when I started. Easy work if you like customer interaction as well as tasks such as merchandising. Little supervision from DM, visits every few weeks. Main communication channels are e-mail and texting depending on the DM.

Cons

The major cons, which keeps me from thinking of this job as a potential career is the weekend and holiday work. Management is expected to work at least one weekend day, one night and holidays. This includes Christmas, Easter, etc.

Hours can be rough, trucks sometimes come prior to 6am, days can be up to 16 hours long.

Advice to Management

Close on holidays and engage in profit sharing with store management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I find the environment in my area to be what I consider very offensive to say the least.

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rite Aid communicates its Business Ethics Policies very well. The policies are very clearly defined and associates should have no question about the expectations the company has regarding ethical business behavior.

Cons

There are no policies regarding two associates (both of them married to other people) engaging in romantic liaisons with each other during working hours, or at all for that matter. As a longtime associate of Rite Aid; I am very uncomfortable knowing this behavior is going on and that Rite Aid condones it by turning a blind eye, hence a party to their duplicity.

Advice to Management

The bottom-line for Rite Aid is money, Rite Aid will never prosper until it treats its people as an important part of the bottom-line

2. Terrible

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are good to work with

Cons

Micromanaged, not much room for opportunity, low paying wages, and favoritism played in this company.