Rite Aid
www.riteaid.com Camp Hill, PA 5000+ Employees

Great company, Crazy hours

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDuring my time at Rite Aid, I have advanced through the ranks fairly quickly. I went from a part time cashier on up to a Store Manager in 5 years. Keep in mind during those five years I graduated high school, and college with my bachelors. So it was a rough five years, but the potential was found in me and they decided to help me on my career path.

Good pay, depending on your experience. I went into this with no experience whatsoever, I was actually 16 when I started. Easy work if you like customer interaction as well as tasks such as merchandising. Little supervision from DM, visits every few weeks. Main communication channels are e-mail and texting depending on the DM.

ConsThe major cons, which keeps me from thinking of this job as a potential career is the weekend and holiday work. Management is expected to work at least one weekend day, one night and holidays. This includes Christmas, Easter, etc.

Hours can be rough, trucks sometimes come prior to 6am, days can be up to 16 hours long.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose on holidays and engage in profit sharing with store management.

Enjoyed working for this company

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, NH

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, Opportunity to grow if you apply yourself. Good pay for management. … Cons: Only hire part time if not management. Minimum wage for… Advice to Senior Management: Don't expect everyone to memorize all the numbers. That is what reports are for. Look… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not the best

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

Pros: Full time for management( sometimes a little too much) Health benefits The only… Cons: Be expected to get call in at any time. Don't respect holidays (after all is retail)… Advice to Senior Management: Support your store management more. Instead of all the non… More
There are newer reviews on Rite Aid.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rite Aid CEO John T. Standley. All reviews posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees.