Rite Aid

www.riteaid.com
  www.riteaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

the company claims that it encourages its employees. this is far from the truth

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lockport, NY
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the hours are good, no late nights

Cons

the company claims that it encourages its employees, this is far from the truth. the company currently has a culture to hire from outside the company. the company does not promote talent that it has. everything from the corporate representatives down to its assistant managers. just recently I tried applying to seven full time positions everything from store manager to assistant manager. I have over twenty years of experience in store management. I currently hold a full time position as a shift supervisor making $9 an hour. the company just hired an assistant manager at another location that I applied for several months ago.

look at the talent you have. hiring some one in a management position costs more money in training expenses than a cashier or lower management position. this is why you are failing as a comp[any.

1020 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

It is a very stressfull job!

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in New Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in New Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers are the reason I am still there today. We usually all have each others back.

Cons

Lazy people. The workflow is too much for one person to handle. There is a specific process that we follow in order for the work to get done. If lazy people pretend like they're working, the rest of the staff will suffer
    The PAY! I have been working here 7 years now. I have only gotten $1.00+ raise. :(~. You work so hard and loyal. I feel like I don't get paid enough for all the effort I put into this company.

There is a way to manage your staff. Be firm about displining your staff. But do respect your staff. There is a certain way you can talk to people respectfully. Don't be so lenient. When you be too nice, they will step all over you and make you and the rest of the staff suffer!

bad company to work for

I worked at Rite Aid

Pros

ok system to use but that's really about it.

Cons

lack of support for their pharmacists, bad management

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid