There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

the company claims that it encourages its employees. this is far from the truth

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lockport, NY
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the hours are good, no late nights

Cons

the company claims that it encourages its employees, this is far from the truth. the company currently has a culture to hire from outside the company. the company does not promote talent that it has. everything from the corporate representatives down to its assistant managers. just recently I tried applying to seven full time positions everything from store manager to assistant manager. I have over twenty years of experience in store management. I currently hold a full time position as a shift supervisor making $9 an hour. the company just hired an assistant manager at another location that I applied for several months ago.

Advice to Management

look at the talent you have. hiring some one in a management position costs more money in training expenses than a cashier or lower management position. this is why you are failing as a comp[any.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Wish i was still working there

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Marstons Mills, MA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Marstons Mills, MA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Benefits, good employees. It was a fun place to work

Cons

no cons at this time

An Okay Job, I Suppose.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rite Aid has a great training program for Store Managers called the MIT program. They have classes as well as being able to work alongside seasoned store managers to learn the ropes of running the business.

Cons

A con of the training program however is that the stores are on a very light payroll budget, and you will be basically doing a lot of grunt work at the stores to get all the tasks accomplished. Managers can basically end up treating you just like an extra employee to help them get all the work done, forgetting that you are needing trained on back office functions of the store. Also, Rite Aid preaches the Wellness promise, however, new employees get NO vacation or sick time your first year on the job, which I think is HORRIBLE! Hello, you are working in a pharmacy and around sick people all the time, you are going to catch things, then have to take time off for your own illness and not get paid, I think that is horrible.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate payroll situations at your stores. You have your managers busting their butts trying to get it all accomplishes because payroll does not allow anymore people to be put on the schedule. It is exhausting.