Rite Aid

www.riteaid.com

Each store's quality depends on the manager of that store.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Laurel, MD
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Laurel, MD

Pros

Great customer service experience and the ability to work with the community. As much as I detest retail, I am thankful for the opportunity hat Rite Aid has given me to better myself as an individual when it comes to the sales environment and general interactions with the public.

Cons

General unavoidable stresses of retail
Flawed/Confusing Wellness Program(Benefits card)
There is also a lack of support I feel to properly train the associates and management at all store locations. I have had the luxury of starting at a well run store with a manager who knew what they were doing, and it was a world of difference from the store I cam currently working at.

Work harder to familiarize yourselves with the training provided by the corporation to better the environment at your individual stores. All to often I feel that the people assuming the roles of store management are not truly prepared to take on that responsibility because they are not yet informed enough about what the job fully entails.

Other reviews for Rite Aid

Good place to work

Pros

Good management. Want to change the environment.

Cons

Lack of updated technology and look.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager

Pros

Very Good and Friendly Rx staff (I hired most of them). User-friendly Pharmacy Software. Lucky to have had great customers and patients! Decent Benefits and Good Pay most of the years.

Cons

Company Metamorphosis started 2 years ago:

Brutal PDM- Overly Micromanaging, Unrealistic Goals & Expectations. Poor Corporate Culture- seemed to be concerned solely with numbers and DO NOT properly acknowledge the skills and contributions of employees in my opinion. Salary structure changes which demotivates (more work and less pay on average). Promised a Pharmacy RE-MODEL
     10 YEARS AGO only to be given more of a facelift this year. I gave the company 3 stars because most of the years I spent here were Great.... but very disgruntled by the ruthless corporate culture that had formed by the end of my employment!

Bottom Line: Un-realistic Goals, High Pressure to perform and No Positive Reinforcement or genuine support to motivate.

Set Realistic Goals given a situation! Don't fire Long-Term dedicated employees who are NOT to blame for weaker sales! I believe...

1) Mail-Order/Insurance issues
    2) Dr offices moving away from area
    3) More competition with weak competition-defense provided
    4) PDM who blames and points fingers but doesn't follow through when asked for help
    5) A HALF-HEARTED ATTEMPT AT A RE-MODEL......

play a BIG part in weaker Sales!

Less Micro-managing and more Positive reinforcement to motivate employees! When you REMODEL a Pharmacy perhaps change the configuration of the Pharmacy and add more room (Pharmacy was and still is very cramped)....I know that the customers for the most part didn't think much of the "Re-model"

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!