There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

It is what you make of it

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Eastport, NY
Current Employee - Co-Manager in Eastport, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexability and fast paced environment

Cons

Occasional retail drama and shared registers with people who don't know how to control money.

Stay Classy

reviews filtered by

Great Stepping Stone

Current Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Hampton, VA
    Current Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Rite Aid as an intern (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can be a great place to start your career. Lots of opportunity to learn if you open up your mouth and ask. Ask repeatedly. Learned the business and the drugs before I started pharmacy school and am more confident than my counterparts with that working information. Fair pay. Flexible with hours around class/extracurricular activities. Love the company's new direction and its emphasis on WELLNESS instead of SICKNESS. Very forward thinking.

Cons

The technician training program as well as the Pharmacy intern program need to be better developed. While the materials are available (books, binders, CBTs etc) there is little time or effort put into employee development. As a student who will one day be a pharmacist (hopefully at Rite Aid if they play their cards right) it makes sense to invest in what may be the company's future. I was told they would not pay for my immunization class because they couldn't be sure I'd stay with the company. Great vote of confidence....

Let them see you. Had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Martendale (president/COO) and from that conversation, the mission and objectives of where the company was headed became so clear because it was undiluted from the source. That message gets lost as it trickles down from corporate to the field. Mr. Standley doing a great job turning the company around.

2. It's nothing personal

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At the store level there is a strong sense of community. If you are in one of the stores that is contracted with 1199SEIU the benefits are great.

Cons

Low pay, corporate is constantly cutting hours for store managers while increasing expectations. Everything is a number, corporate doesn't care about anything but quantifiable data which often fails to represent the actual quality of the work being done by employees.

Visit stores more often, do away with wellness ambassadors.

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid