Rite Aid

www.riteaid.com
  www.riteaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Decent place to be, just don't make a mistake

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Somerville, MA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy job, freedom over your store for the most part, fairly easy to move up the ladder

Cons

I was fired for a mistake that someone else made with no notice. Breaking a policy that was not written in the handbook and was encouraged by several store managers. Cranky and sick customers every day

Be more compassionate with associates. If a mistake happens due to an unwritten rule, warn and write up first, don't just fire. Back up your employees.

989 Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid (View Most Recent)

Pharmacy Tech in NJ

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co workers are nice. I like the pharmacists I work with in my store. Training was decent and procedures are better than the last pharmacy I worked for. I like what I do.

Cons

My store's hours have been cut. Was told I would be scheduled for 30+ per week and now I am lucky to get 20. That's why I left my former employer, where I was perfectly happy and protected by a union. Even if hours were as promised, not sure what kind of career path I could have.

Policy of not allowing pharmacy techs to work in other companies' pharmacy departments is just plain wrong. If I can't be scheduled for meaningful hours, how am I supposed to survive if I can't work any place else doing what I do -- pharmacy tech?

A lot of work for little money

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get some benefits but nothing outstanding. It is an indoor job for the most part so you don't deal with the elements

Cons

There are not enough employees to do the jobs required to make the store function like it should and the customer suffers as a result. The pay is not adequate for the amount of work you do therefore employees feel underappreciated unless they happen to not care that they are being taken advantage of.

Treat your people better and the company will flourish and your wallet will become fatter than it already is. The golden rule- Treat others how you would like to be treated!

There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid