Minimum Wage, Effortless Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Holly, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Holly, NC

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really liked the strong corporate structure of Rite-Aid. This gave me great confidence. Working at the front counter was completely stress free. A 100 year old cripple could be a manager at Rite-Aid. I say this with good intentions.

Cons

I had this job from early high school through college. However there never once was an opportunity for advancement. It was like being trapped in a fish bowl for 20-28 hours a week. The computer system was excellent at training and POS. However the shiny POS did not allow email access, HR website, check stubs, and everything else you would expect.

Advice to Management

Knowledge, not flu shots is the answer.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. Part-time Cashier during College

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Boss was great, coworkers were great, great team environment at the store level

Cons

Regional management was disconnected from day-to-day store life, little-to-no upward mobility

Advice to Management

Promote in-store promotions and recognition

2. One of the better chain pharmacies to work for

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Rite Aid as an intern

Pros

There are many opportunities to help the public thru wellness events and initiatives toward increased patient counseling. Also, the computer system is easy to maneuver thru. Having worked at other chain pharmacies, it is definitely a much more straightforward computer system than what else is out there. You feel very connected to the entire corporation because you are constantly in contact with upper management, not just store level management. Really feels like a team.

Cons

Same cons as any community pharmacy: long lines, constant doctor calls, insurance calls, have to help technicians, counsel patients...all at the same time! Nothing of note that particularly pertains to Rite Aid, however