Minimum Wage, Effortless Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Holly, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Holly, NC

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really liked the strong corporate structure of Rite-Aid. This gave me great confidence. Working at the front counter was completely stress free. A 100 year old cripple could be a manager at Rite-Aid. I say this with good intentions.

Cons

I had this job from early high school through college. However there never once was an opportunity for advancement. It was like being trapped in a fish bowl for 20-28 hours a week. The computer system was excellent at training and POS. However the shiny POS did not allow email access, HR website, check stubs, and everything else you would expect.

Advice to Management

Knowledge, not flu shots is the answer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the better chain pharmacies to work for

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Rite Aid as an intern

Pros

There are many opportunities to help the public thru wellness events and initiatives toward increased patient counseling. Also, the computer system is easy to maneuver thru. Having worked at other chain pharmacies, it is definitely a much more straightforward computer system than what else is out there. You feel very connected to the entire corporation because you are constantly in contact with upper management, not just store level management. Really feels like a team.

Cons

Same cons as any community pharmacy: long lines, constant doctor calls, insurance calls, have to help technicians, counsel patients...all at the same time! Nothing of note that particularly pertains to Rite Aid, however

2. Honest Review

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

The pay is good for a job that doesn't stress education. Numerous managers with high school diplomas have become managers making 60 grand or more in this economic environment working at Rite Aid.

Cons

Numerous. Retail is retail, but Rite Aid is so far in implementing new policies unlike other companies that are far ahead. Also, the company is lost on the overnight process. Many store managers have gotten away with understaffing this process and burning out personnel. Many store managers don't understand the process because they have or are unwilling to do a shift. Most store managers and district managers analyze from the morning shift and don't understand there store's traffic and opportunities when they leave at six in the afternoon and come in at seven.

Advice to Management

Rite Aid senior management doesn't take advice, in the event that they do I would tell them to have their store managers, district leaders to become more engaged. Also incorporate unannounced visits. Additionally, have Store managers work one overnight shift a month. If a store is off process talk to the co managers and shift, don't just rely on the word of non engaged store managers. Also, show some respect towards associates and managers. Respect their work/life balance. I don't have a problem working a billion hours, it's retail but don't look for me to work six days consistently.