There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

It's My Rite Aid and I Love It.

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Camp Hill, PA
Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

Love the people, management takes responsible and praises those who do a good job. I like how management gives cashiers jobs such as planograms to do, gives places to be creavity rather than stand behind the cash register all day. Recognition for smile and raptar are good for a boost in the employees attituides.

Cons

Pay could be better. Raises should be every 6 months rather than annually. Some mangement needs now training. I have worked there for 3 years and I know more about the store than the new manager just put in. I can also handle customers better than he ever will be able to.

Advice to Management

Look at pay advancements for the employees who dedicate so much time (3 years) to Rite Aid. We deserve some kind of reward besides a 3% raise annually. Management needs more training before actually being a "manager".

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

Good company, but they need to treat their Associates better.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toledo, OH

Pros

Pay wasn't bad. Associates were rewarded for good deeds, understanding of student schedule changes,management got along with customers and associates in a professional manner.

Cons

twenty-five cent raise after a year, management likes to put their work off on associates like plan-o-grams, 24 hour store switched to a 8am-9pm store randomly

Advice to Management

Please don't allow your associates doing and taking all of the slack for management go unrewarded. As an associate I was completing plan-o-grams and signs by myself while management got rewarded and all I got for being there a year was a 25 cent raise.

2. Pharmacy Tech for Rite Aid Pharmacy

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Warren, OH

Pros

Great learning experience if you are interested in pursuing a career as a pharmacist or looking to get into pharmaceutical sales; opportunity to learn both the science and business side of how a pharmacy works.

Cons

Be prepared to work under stressful, fast-paced working conditions. Often difficult to correspond with insurance compnanies and satisfy the requests of customers. Many locations are often short-staffed and pharmacists are required to work 12 hour days with no extra coverage during busiest hours.

Advice to Management

Provide your pharmacists and tech staff with adequate help to meet goals of customer satisfaction. Pharmacy technicians make a very small wage compared to pharmacists, but should be rewarded for their efforts.