There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

Its ok but keep looking for better jobs

Current Employee - Store Manager in El Monte, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Fast-paced environment, discount on all regular items, they encourage employee purchases, benefits are pretty good,

Cons

Not enough resources given to stores, more pressure with less help, although they have an idea platform to reach upper management they seem to disregard all of these ideas (they have a committee to help change the "culture" of the company but it is a farce, nothing actually develops from it), upper management plays favorites and can be very over bearing in micro-managing. When corporate comes into the stores they will thank you and say nice visit and then your boss calls you to say what a horrible walk it was. Little or no training, also no development to reach higher positions, also no postings to reach corporate side. Lots of new programs initiated that upper management has no idea how to use so they don't understand when problems arise.

Advice to Management

Listen to your store managers, most of the great ideas in companies come from the front lines. Hold forums to discuss ideas and how to change. Have upper management work inside stores to understand the daily complications.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This is not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Good benefits and Fair compensation

Cons

Repetitive work Incompetent Company Crazy Work Hours

2. Horrible Company/ Great People

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Every rite aid that I've worked everyone has been very nice, great personalities and most are team players except for the select few.

Cons

Well to start off I've been with Rite Aid for many Years. The Pay raises suck, 24 hour stores are open 24 hours reguardless on holidays or not. So you get stuck working when everyone should be at home with their families. Some stores are just so small its impossible to follow there clutter free rule. Overall I am happy except for the pay raises.

Advice to Management

Corporate- Work in a store to realize how stressful it can be. Realize how hard everone works and compensate them for it. I've been with the company for almost 10 years. I'm embarassed to tell people how much I make.