Very dissapointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

Hotel discounts are amazing and depending on the hotel the work environment can be great

Cons

Some leadership can be very autocratic

Other Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

overal happy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

discounts on hotels, and benefits package.

Cons

sometimes senior managers/ hotel general managers and corporate are too removed to impede and make decisions affecting the kitchen, they should seek information from kitchen or like places to make more appropriate decisions.

"Ritz going above and beyond for customers, by breaking employees backs"

Current Employee - Pastry Cook  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Pastry Cook in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

The benefits are good, if you have time to use them with the hours you are scheduled
    Free lunch
    Holiday pay

Cons

Terrible salty food in the employee cafeteria. You tell us to eat healthy then feed us greasy, fried foods and give us an option of a poor looking salad bar

Employee satisfaction survey a joke: Managers tell you what to say, and how to say it or they will get in trouble. It's suppossed to be anynomous, but when there is 5 people in your department and you have to say which department you are in, how old you are and what your ehtnicity is, they know who you are. People are scared to answer truthfully so THEY DON'T!

Meetings and Special events managers have no clue about food or what to call certain items. Sometimes they make up their own menu and don't give us a hint at what they are getting at.

No help from senior management whatsoever. There is no pastry chef for more than a year now, we are understaffed and underheard. So we work 11-16 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week while other departmentments are going home early. Also, they hire people with limited abilities and no skills and don't promote those who deserve it.

No communication between departments. We are constantly missing BEOs, having to arrange our own transportation for the wedding cakes at our other property and making dessert for our other property whlie they are preparing it themselves (wasting time!)

Working every holiday, ALL DAY LONG

No bonuses for hourly employees

The employee promise is a joke. If you care about employees, keep them at the property. Make an employee satisfaction survey that ACTUALLY IS anynomous, and you will get different reviews, worse ones. Put yourself literally in the job of a lower employee for one day to SEE what they need and how a typical day for them could be improved.

There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton.

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!