There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Great place to work!

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

Hotel Discounts, a company that cares

Cons

hospitality industry doesn't have wonderful pay or hours, but you know that going in

303 Other Employee Reviews for Ritz-Carlton (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work, but not enough growth or earning potential.

Former Employee - SPA Concierge in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - SPA Concierge in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ritz-Carlton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is important to me and why I rated "4" Stars overall: Wonderful coworkers, beautiful facility,working atmosphere and benefits. Department Manager was fantastic. He was truly hands on and always ready to jump in and do whatever needed to be done. I believe he recently transferred to another property. Supervisor was very good, but very busy as she was also a therapist.

Cons

This location is a small boutique Ritz-Carlton property. There is generally an abundance of opportunity to move and grow within the company, but the size of the Charlotte location creates growth limitations. If you are looking to grow and stay put in Charlotte you may encounter a challenge here. Upper Management was aware Spa desk staff should make commissions or have more opportunity to increase earning potential, but never delivered on this. Pay is low for what is expected of this position. I no longer work there, but understand this still has not changed. If you are applying for this position the hourly pay "is it"....Concierge does not equal "Tips" as in most arenas. Guests rarely recognize the staff in this position.

Read the reviews on Glassdoor and open your minds to retail commissions for Spa desk agents. They are the people that sell retail and have the best opportunity to increase sales.

Really great place to work.

Former Employee - Banquet Chef in South Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Banquet Chef in South Miami, FL

I worked at Ritz-Carlton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great emphasis on customer service.
    Employees are always empower to do what it takes to make guest happy.

Cons

Long hours .
    Limited work life balance

Bonus would be a great motivation to middle management .
    Try to retain employee ,why train them for some other company most time they leave it's because of compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton