There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Guest Relations Coordinator

Current Employee - Guest Relations in Dana Point, CA
Current Employee - Guest Relations in Dana Point, CA

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Ritz is an amazing company to work for. They offer great benefits and treat their employees well. They offer great training and a company that will look great on a resume. If your interested in the hospitality industry, it just get much better than The Ritz!

Cons

starting pay is not as good as you think... you definitely have to work your way up. If you wanna make it high up in the company you might even have to travel to different properties and move around in the company. If your on the operations side, expect to work weekends and nights. Hotels operate 24/7 so dont expect your typical 9-5 schedule!

302 Other Employee Reviews for Ritz-Carlton (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for. Good opportunity to move upward if willing to put in time to learn the business.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

personal growth, above average compensation, friendly co-workers

Cons

Other employees not committed to corporate culture.

Its hard to deliver a high level of service if certain employees aren't committed to the same ideals. Upper management knows what to do better than myself. Experienced and engaged.

Fantastic company, dedicated staff

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Ritz-Carlton part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is very true to their beliefs, my location lived and breathed it's dedication to making the guest happy and comfortable. The employees are treated exceptionally well by upper management and by their peers. There is a great deal of respect between staff members, even if they don't speak the same language. I had a really great experience with HR when I did encounter a problem. There seemed to be good opportunity to move up, or change departments if something wasn't working out. This company does seem to want everyone to succeed. Pay was very reasonable to what was expected, great benefits.

Cons

The beliefs of the company were repeated so often they began to feel like brainwashing. You are expected to be cheerful at all times and to cater your personality towards the customer even if they might have responded well to the real you. You are taught to use pleasant vocabulary and forced to make conversation with customers that always ended up sounding fake. You are also to required to coax facts and preferences out of guests by way of conversation making and enter it into a software system so that the company can better bater to their needs. It's CREEPY. I also received very little training for a job I had no experience with, and basically thrown in the water.

Expect professionalism from your employees, but let their real personalities shine through. If everyone adheres exactly to the code of conduct you will have a staff of robots.

There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton