Ritz-Carlton

www.ritzcarlton.com
  www.ritzcarlton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Good pay, excellent discounts, nice environment.

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Naples, FL
Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Naples, FL

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

The hotel discounts are awesome! $50 rooms at Ritz-Carlton and even cheaper at Marriott.
Very wonderful work environment in the spa at the beach resort.
Friendly co-workers.
High prestige customers.

Cons

Lousy food in the employee cafeteria
Management overly critical and low on communication skills
Sometimes snobby guests can be rude

As always, recognize when an employee does a great job and goes above and beyond.
Don't schedule massage therapists for seven massages in a row without a break.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Ritz-Carlton (View Most Recent)

leader in the industry!

Former Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

great place to work... happy about the experience, but glad to be out of the hospitality industry... for a hotel job, the ritz is the best company to work for besides their antiquated dress code but that's to be expected. i made a lot of money without having to do an exorbitant amount of work.

"We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen." They really try to let this company model permeate through every aspect of the business. Overall, I am very happy to say that I was "Ritz-Carlton."

Cons

its a hotel job. no weekends, no holidays to yourself... had to shave everyday. antiquated dress code/grooming standards (cant keep anything but a moustache, women's hair has to be one "natural" color, no "crazy" colors on a girl's fingernails, etc) but otherwise, there really arent too many cons besides the nature of the industry and its 24/7/365 culture. you have to be a true workaholic to make a career in the hotel industry!

keep up the good work... always listen to your employees cause we really do have our finger on the pulse of the business needs of the company.

Good place to work, but hiring standards slipping...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

They walk the corporate talk (of keeping customer service high) more than any other company I've worked for. Most service companies hire employees based on their perceived competence to do the work required, then attempt to "teach" them customer skills. The Ritz, however, interviews employees separately for both job skills and personal qualities. The latter interview is a personality profile that ascertains the applicant's spirit to anticipate and fulfill guest needs. Their philosophy subscribes to the belief that great employees are hired, not molded by the employer, and that job skills can be taught; but not so a guest-oriented attitude. Remember the smart, smiling, engaging cashiers on the old McDonald's commercials? Ritz employees are like that in real life.

Cons

Not having been in management there, I don't know if the hiring standards have been lowered, but new hires seem far less friendly than new hires once did. It seems now that management seeks in its new hires cold competence over friendliness, the "ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" ethos, and the desire to go the extra mile. A less friendly world has been reflected in less friendly Ritz-Carlton employees. Fortunately there are still plenty of tenured employees there to make one feel welcomed. Turnover is low for the hotel industry.

Reinstate the 20 basics and restore the original QSP process.

There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton