There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

The best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Human Resources Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology, great people, close to BART.

Cons

I really can't think of anything bad, good pay, good food, and lot of challenging work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Rewarding and Frustrating at the same time -(just like everything in life)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed has a great group of people working there and you will never be bored because there is always something new happening. The work is challenging and fast-paced but you don't feel that you are the only one pulling your weight. Everyone works hard there and for the most part, there is always someone willing to pitch in. Great teamwork atmosphere as well.

Cons

It can sometimes seem that people who are really not doing their job, are given too many chances to improve. They will be moved to different positions or promoted, when the general consensus is they are not high caliber employees. Sometimes it seems that the company has a problem with changing course too much and following the new and shiny object. We need to stay on top but we also have to look like we have a plan.

Advice to Management

For the most part it is a great company to work for and this is advice may seem strange, but hold people accountable more. Define the company strategy and stick to it for more than a quarter.

2. Great atmosphere, talented colleagues, everyone equally motivated to make the company scale greater heights

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flat organizational structure that allows a lot of interaction with higher-ups, more visibility into company direction. Very talented workforce that are all motivated to make the company/product better. Inspiring as well as challenging atmosphere to work in. Engineers get a chance to interact with customers/end users, which is rare for an enterprise product. No red tape (afa i've experienced).

Cons

It's common for teams to be split across the different offices, which can be hard to get used to. Open cubicle work spaces which aren't preferred by some people.