There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Small company flexibility at a medium-size company

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees well, and engineers especially are given a better status than at many companies. There is a good amount of money and thought put into how to reward the employees, and the upper management takes part in company events. For engineers, Riverbed allows a great flexibility to schedules - people are judged on performance, not on hours logged.

Cons

Riverbed could use some improvement on getting all the departments in sync. This is actually a growing pain which all companies of our size must encounter. We have made a couple of acquisitions, and started a couple of new departments, and now the work just needs to be done to help all the people across those different areas share knowledge, and feel like we're all working toward the same goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology

1. Great atmosphere, talented colleagues, everyone equally motivated to make the company scale greater heights

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flat organizational structure that allows a lot of interaction with higher-ups, more visibility into company direction. Very talented workforce that are all motivated to make the company/product better. Inspiring as well as challenging atmosphere to work in. Engineers get a chance to interact with customers/end users, which is rare for an enterprise product. No red tape (afa i've experienced).

Cons

It's common for teams to be split across the different offices, which can be hard to get used to. Open cubicle work spaces which aren't preferred by some people.

2. The best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Human Resources Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology, great people, close to BART.

Cons

I really can't think of anything bad, good pay, good food, and lot of challenging work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work