Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
  www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Small company flexibility at a medium-size company

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They treat their employees well, and engineers especially are given a better status than at many companies. There is a good amount of money and thought put into how to reward the employees, and the upper management takes part in company events. For engineers, Riverbed allows a great flexibility to schedules - people are judged on performance, not on hours logged.

Cons

Riverbed could use some improvement on getting all the departments in sync. This is actually a growing pain which all companies of our size must encounter. We have made a couple of acquisitions, and started a couple of new departments, and now the work just needs to be done to help all the people across those different areas share knowledge, and feel like we're all working toward the same goals.

492 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

Riverbed has the right recipe for success!

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Riverbed has built a company of professionals with the common goal of being the best at what we do. The market share standings reflects our success and attracts other professionals looking to do great things. The work environment fosters new ideas and supports individual and team success.

Cons

Riverbed is a relatively young, growing company and lacks the established process discipline that comes with more mature companies.

Keep investing in people and stay focused on our core strengths.

Great atmosphere, talented colleagues, everyone equally motivated to make the company scale greater heights

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flat organizational structure that allows a lot of interaction with higher-ups, more visibility into company direction. Very talented workforce that are all motivated to make the company/product better. Inspiring as well as challenging atmosphere to work in. Engineers get a chance to interact with customers/end users, which is rare for an enterprise product. No red tape (afa i've experienced).

Cons

It's common for teams to be split across the different offices, which can be hard to get used to. Open cubicle work spaces which aren't preferred by some people.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology