Riverbed Technology

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

6 month employee

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Champaign, IL
Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interesting work, talented team, good benefits, reasonable management, appropriately aggressive and accessible.

Cons

I actually have no complaints so far. Riverbed is a relatively young company, a pioneer in a nascent industry (WAN optimization) which makes it subject to the winds of technological change. So far the management has kept its sails positioned well, but by its nature there is risk. Still, a good place to be for the adventurous.

Guard the great culture that you have established.

497 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

Lots of smart people working together to solve real problems

Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exciting place to work with a great culture. It's great to see so many smart people pulling in one direction to get the job done.

Cons

Business travel involving flights over 8 hours should qualify for business class upgrades.

Please help maintain the culture. I think you guys got it right and I hope we don't stray as we get bigger.

Better managed and by far a better-designed product than in 6 or so Silicon Valley companies I have worked before.

Current Employee - Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Data-based decision making (most of the time), flexible IT management allowing engineers to configure their work environment, reasonable planning and avoidance of crunch times.

Cons

We are becoming a big company...

We have carefully designed our products to serve the needs of our customers. Now--because we are becoming a big company and informal adjustment between the like-minded co-workers is not enough--we need equally carefully design our company to serve the work needs of those, who serve our company's customers. Sure, there is a big difference in what works when designing an electronic appliance and a socio-technical system, but the latter can be done and can be done well.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology