There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Great people + fun environment + high growth = pleasant work experience

Current Employee - Sales Operations  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Riverbed is not political at all. The environment is very open and collaborative. The ESPP plan has a generous lock period. The game room and kitchens at HQ allow for down time. There are many smart and motivated employees to here. There is a lot of upside potential with stock options. I appreciate the financial stability of Riverbed in these uncertain economic times.

Cons

Stock options are not as generous at lower levels of management. If more of the repurchased shares could be allocated to non-executives that would be a great motivator.

Provide a larger number of RSU's for the lower-to-mid level employees.

482 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

Lots of smart people working together to solve real problems

Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting place to work with a great culture. It's great to see so many smart people pulling in one direction to get the job done.

Cons

Business travel involving flights over 8 hours should qualify for business class upgrades.

Please help maintain the culture. I think you guys got it right and I hope we don't stray as we get bigger.

Better managed and by far a better-designed product than in 6 or so Silicon Valley companies I have worked before.

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Data-based decision making (most of the time), flexible IT management allowing engineers to configure their work environment, reasonable planning and avoidance of crunch times.

Cons

We are becoming a big company...

We have carefully designed our products to serve the needs of our customers. Now--because we are becoming a big company and informal adjustment between the like-minded co-workers is not enough--we need equally carefully design our company to serve the work needs of those, who serve our company's customers. Sure, there is a big difference in what works when designing an electronic appliance and a socio-technical system, but the latter can be done and can be done well.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!