Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
  www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

work with smart people in an collaborative environment in a growing company!

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As shown by successful acquisitions in past years, the management is forward looking. The company is evolving and growing with a cohesive story while capturing market opportunities. Working with a bunch of smart people in an open and collaborative environment is thoroughly challenging, stimulating and enjoyable.

Cons

hard to keep up hiring with growth - workload can be heavy at times

twiki is great but doc database needs better cataloguing and search results as it continues to grow

506 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

If you're looking for a company where you can make a difference, this is the one.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every day brings another exciting technical challenge. Management offers a multitude of opportunities for growth. Upper management is accessible to the common man and actually responds to feedback. The work environment is comfortable and the culture encourages a healthy balance between work and personal life.

Cons

There are no downsides to working here.

Riverbed - a company with little bureuacracy and a respect for talented employees

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work at the Champaign, IL site, where we focus on QA. Riverbed has good benefits and sets a very high bar for employee hiring, and provides great benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/ESPP) and a work environment with nice perks and a flexible management style, which definitely helps to ensure that we have a talented engineering pool.

Cons

Your individual contribution is expected to be high, and since we have a very high bar for engineers, some positions can often remain unfilled.

Stronger marketing of the Steelhead product would be advisable. If I had known about and been able to see what the Steelhead can do for WAN optimization while I was a network engineer, I would have pushed my former company to buy it - but I had not heard of it!

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology