Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
  www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Riverbed - a company with little bureuacracy and a respect for talented employees

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Champaign, IL
Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work at the Champaign, IL site, where we focus on QA. Riverbed has good benefits and sets a very high bar for employee hiring, and provides great benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/ESPP) and a work environment with nice perks and a flexible management style, which definitely helps to ensure that we have a talented engineering pool.

Cons

Your individual contribution is expected to be high, and since we have a very high bar for engineers, some positions can often remain unfilled.

Stronger marketing of the Steelhead product would be advisable. If I had known about and been able to see what the Steelhead can do for WAN optimization while I was a network engineer, I would have pushed my former company to buy it - but I had not heard of it!

501 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

Riverbed is a collaborative, supportive work environment. Employees are encouraged to thrive and challenge themselves.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Riverbed has an open work environment, which helps the employees feel that they are able to approach people with questions confidently. The environment is positive and supportive, with the end goal the same across the board.

Cons

None so far. Riverbed has far exceeded my expectations!

Fair Pay, they treat us like adults, very respectful environment

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely flexible: Can work in SF or Sunnyvale; They treat us like adults: Management trusts the workers to get their job done and lets them do just that; However, the managers pro-actively (weekly or monthly) have one-on-one private meetings with the workers to make sure they are informed, answer any questions or concerns, build rapport, have what they need to do their job, are satisfied with their job, and make sure any workplace issues get addressed promptly; It was actually a bit of culture shock to work in a place where the management is _not_ hovering over the workers and micro-managing them. Work-life balance is excellent. >50 hour weeks are the exception rather than the norm.

Cons

It's a moderately big, stable company. You can make enough money to support your family well, but you won't get rich in a few short years. If you want a high-risk start-up where you could make millions on stock and strike it rich, this isn't it.

Pro-active training and guidance in the first two weeks to a month would help new employees be productive sooner and feel less frustrated. It seems like getting oriented and up to speed with where to find information and who to talk to takes a while, especially due to the dual engineering sites.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology