Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Fair Pay, they treat us like adults, very respectful environment

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible: Can work in SF or Sunnyvale; They treat us like adults: Management trusts the workers to get their job done and lets them do just that; However, the managers pro-actively (weekly or monthly) have one-on-one private meetings with the workers to make sure they are informed, answer any questions or concerns, build rapport, have what they need to do their job, are satisfied with their job, and make sure any workplace issues get addressed promptly; It was actually a bit of culture shock to work in a place where the management is _not_ hovering over the workers and micro-managing them. Work-life balance is excellent. >50 hour weeks are the exception rather than the norm.

Cons

It's a moderately big, stable company. You can make enough money to support your family well, but you won't get rich in a few short years. If you want a high-risk start-up where you could make millions on stock and strike it rich, this isn't it.

Pro-active training and guidance in the first two weeks to a month would help new employees be productive sooner and feel less frustrated. It seems like getting oriented and up to speed with where to find information and who to talk to takes a while, especially due to the dual engineering sites.

517 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

Exciting challenges, great brand, smart people

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is in a great position from both a technology and brand perspective. Teams are growing, but the organization is still at a size where an individual can make an impact. Positive contributions are acknowledged and recognized.

Cons

Part of the challenge with a rapidly growing company is frequent change but increasing difficulty in coordinating efforts.

Continue to recognize and reward employee contributions. Recognize that the company is larger now and cannot turn on a dime - efforts need planning and coordination so make yourself part of a/the process.

A good place to work at.

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I feel the culture at riverbed is making the huge difference in the success. People are friendly and co-operative in everything.

Cons

Recruitment process can be improved which I feel I got many feedbacks in past from friends.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology