Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Riverbed presents a good vision, executes successfully, and values its employees

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Executive management has a clear vision and executes it with smart finance, acquisitions, and communication
* Product management is fairly good at providing reliable data
* Acquisitions are given a lot of freedom to run their business the way they want. This gives the feel of a smaller more agile company.
* Employees are valued: benefits are better than expected, and when they change, they generally get better. Coffee, soda, juice, milk, cereal, and snacks are free and always available. Specialized equipment requests are usually honored.
* Healthy promotion from within

Cons

* IT wants to lock down developers to the point that it interferes with productivity. VPN is required on the local wifi. Hardware vendor has limited choices that aren't developer friendly. All communication must go through the system which is routed to an outside vendor to triage.
* Development groups do not support each other very well. Certain groups (larger ones) do not have any motivation to respond to requests from other groups.

Support your developers more:
* Fend off the oppressive policies of IT.
* Provide the best equipment. If a developer says "I know this sounds unreasonable, but I would like the top-of-the-line apple laptop with a thunderbolt display", don't say "Yup, that's unreasonable". Instead say "I can get you that, but you won't be able to upgrade as quickly as others in your group". That's a win-win situation.

517 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

Best Company I have worked for

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Technology that provides a "true" ROI for customers. I have never sold a technology that actually allows customers to "save" money vs. costing money to install in the network.

Cons

Very fast paced company, lots going on, and at the current growth of the company, challenging to keep running at this pace.

Continue to provide a great place to work and technology to sell, but don't allow the work/life balance to get out of "whack:"

A dynamic and success-driven company full of talent and state of the art technology

Current Employee - Industrial Security Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Industrial Security Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed continues to make its mark in the IT infrastructure solutions market. They continue to forecast needs of current and prospective customers and continue to research, develop and hone their products and services and leadership has strategically driven the company to succeed. I have seen the growth from when I started in working here in 2008. My position solely supports a special clientele (government and defense contracts), but have seen the growth and success in this area. I see more partnerships with industry and government and seeing Riverbed not just as a successful US-based company but a strategic partner and leading solutions provider to government, military and defense IT infrastructures.

Cons

In this type of industry employee retention can be a great challenge.

I would like to see more support and encouragement towards employees professional development.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology