Collaborative, friendly

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In San Francisco, growing company, friend atmosphere

Cons

noisy because everyone works in cubes

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Challenging with limited support from management

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can be challenging to quickly isolate an issue that a customer is having and then to be able to provide a solution often in trying times. Benefits and pay is good but you'll be expected to work hard.

Cons

Obtaining the tools needed to solve problems is often difficult or impossible to obtain. Employees working out of a locations other than HQ have limited or no growth potential and are often "forgotten" by corporate.

Advice to Management

Listen to grievances expressed by employees and actively work to address them not just say "ok I'll look into it" and then forget them two weeks later.

Be honest about your intentions

I worked at Riverbed Technology

Pros

Great technology Gartner leader in APM and Optimization

Cons

We were apart of an acquisition, and were lied to since day 1. We were told they wanted to keep everyone around, but their actions told a very different story. We were left in the dark on what was going on. Slowly our upper mgmt team was forced out, and the directors followed suit. They showed no desire to keep the talent that they said they wanted to keep. Recently they started cutting positions, which they said they wouldn't do. I left on my own, so my comments are not tainted by bitterness. We came into the company hearing so much about their positive reviews in glassdoor and how great they were to their people...that was not the case. After our mgmt chain left, they showed no desire to reach out to the staff and reassure them of their desire to keep people. They clearly wanted to weed people and drastically cut the number of people they just acquired.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest about your intent. Do not lie to people and tell them you want to keep them around, and then give them all bloated numbers and just wait until they leave. I get the business decision tied to all of this, but do not claim to be open and honest and then not be that. You mislead an entire organization, and I have already heard complaints from my former customers saying they are worried about their past investments because you ran off all the good people from the previous company and that was a huge reason why they invested. You have great technology and the potential for greatness, but you have set yourself back on executing on this vision because of bad moral based on your actions since the purchase.