Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
  www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

A pleasure to work at Riverbed

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love technology and this company does hard core tech development. You are provided with all the resources to do your job at your satisfaction level. Innovation is promoted within individuals by letting them chose areas of research and design.

There is no place for micro-management. And this trend is being pushed from senior management levels down to individual teams. Result is employees tend to take ownership and accountability, leading to a healthy culture throughout the org.

A lot of appreciation for the work you do. Keeps individuals motivated.

I esp. also like it here because I have a choice to work from either of their office locations.

And not to mention, growth potentials are marvelous!

Cons

Additional engagement among unrelated teams at times would be nice.

Product release trains can have some strict regulation to reduce maintenance/QA overhead.

495 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

I feel looked after by my manager and I've been given the opportunity for professional growth.

Current Employee - RPM Americas Channels in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - RPM Americas Channels in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can feel confident with selling the products as they do exactly what they're advertised to do. Also, different divisions are eager to assist with efforts, so you don't have to be a one person team to get things done.

Cons

As with any 1,000+ person company, sometimes its hard to navigate throughout the company to get to the people you need. Because of this, sometimes you don't know the resources you have available to you to help do your job.

My only advise to management would be to just hold 1 sales kickoff each year, as having two events throughout the year is distracting from our sales momentum.

A fantastic experience selling amazing products!

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Reston, VA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Riverbed's management cares about the employees and provides a stimulating but relatively low stress environment, which helps the employees thrive and produce.

Cons

I don't believe there is a downside to working at Riverbed. The company and products are fantastic. I believe the sales compensation plan could be a bit less complex, but the executives addressed large revenue contributors getting into larger accelerators earlier, something that really impressed me!

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology