There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Best in culture & great people

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for many Silicon Valley companies over the last 15+ years ranging from high flying start-ups to large category leaders. Out of them all, Riverbed has the best culture I've ever experienced. A work-life balance that's truly achievable and a workplace with no ego's or politics. Our leaders are not only super smart/dynamic but also very down-to-earth, approachable, and fun to be around.

Cons

Not really a knock on the company but an acknowledgement that our evolution from a single product market leader (WAN optimization) to a >$1B multi-product solution play has been challenging. That said, I think we're well positioned for an even brighter future.

Advice to Management

Continue preserving our best in breed culture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. W

Current Employee - Senior Network and Applications Performance Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Riverbed offers me the opportunity to explore new and different approaches to network/application performance issues. They have an end to end, total systems, approach to both software and hardware technologies that I can use in my problem solving project tasks. Openness at all levels of management is key to my success. Efforts are adequately rewarded and advancement opportunities exist for future professional development. Team approach to problem solving is a strong point in successful project completion.

Cons

I am relatively new (less than a year) with the new management style that, once familiar, will seem as good as the old company (OPNET) structure. On line training opportunities are readily available but classroom sessions on the East Cost need to be established for greater interactive, hands-on, experiences,

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and minimize bureaucracy.

2. New to Riverbed, but experience is exceeding expectations!

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Corporate culture - people work hard, but play hard. Work-life balance is supported. - Technology - EXCELLENT products. Well regarded within the industry. Customers love us. - People - incredibly bright, focused, capable, results oriented - Future - great vision, huge upside

Cons

At this point, no real downside. Personally, I did take a salary cut to come to Riverbed, but I'm happier here and have more career fulfillment.