Company that has some of the best products but worst management .

Former Employee - Tac  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Tac in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good products like WAN optimizer and load balancers.

Cons

I really get surprised when I see this company gets the best working place award in silicon valley. actually out of about 10 companies I have worked with in my life, this is the worst one. there are no ethics, no human values. There were days when management denied my sick leave to take my wife to hospital. There were days when I asked for help from management and they simply were not available and tried to save their seats. I will never ever think of working with same company again. In fact, I am now afraid of working with start-ups and smaller companies due to my experience with Riverbed. Happy to be with one of the multinational company who really cares about HUMAN values and helps to grow you ethically right.
later on after leaving this company couple of years back, found that I was not alone that was literally harassed like this.
I would highly recommend you to stay away from this company.

get rid of your top management layer, appreciate the true human value and help employee in needs.

Other Reviews for Riverbed Technology

Great promise

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Riverbed has a variety of useful products, does a great job with support, and does a good job of providing access to training.

Cons

Compensation levels are too low, which causes the best workers to jump to better opportunities. Growing pains related to size and communication.

Communicate more frequently and in greater depth.

An innovative company building best-of-breed solutions to challenging network and application performance problems.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Riverbed is an evolving company that is constantly looking for new and innovative solutions to emerging network and application performance problems. Individuals are given opportunity to meet these needs and experience personal and professional growth.

Cons

Throughout Riverbed's history we've grown very rapidly which can result in continual growing pains as we try to adapt our processes to support a larger organization while still maintaining our culture of innovation, collaboration, and rapid movement.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology.

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!