Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com
  www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

Finally, the place where I want to work for years to come!!!

Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with so far are top-notch professionals, deeply caring about the company and their area of responsibilities. I am very much impressed with how open the communication is and how easy it it to get the job done (no administrative barriers to jump through, no ridiculous system or process limitations). I feel I am finally working at the place where I can make a meaningful contribution and be recognized for my input.

Cons

It took me a while to get used to the open space environment, since the management is doesn't have offices either, I am not going to complain, although having some kind of partitions between desks would be nice as such complete lack of privacy sometimes wears me off.

I wish the company would offer subsidised gym membership. This is the only technology employer of that size that I am aware of that does not offer either an on-site gym or off-site gym discounts. And PLEASE cut the unhealthy snacks in the kitchens! Save the cost and put it towards fitness! The dungeon-like fitness room at 199 Fremont building doesn't count as a fitness facility!

Keep up the good work!!!

506 Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology (View Most Recent)

This is not the place I joined any more.

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people truly are great. There are very smart and loyal people at the company. The location in SF is great and they are about to move into a new location that will be gorgeous. The technology they have is very interesting and the potential for continued growth is there.

Cons

The company is going through huge growing pains. Acquiring OPNET at the end of 2012 was not received favorably by Wall Street and just when it seems they have gotten the acquisition under control, Elliott a private equity firm in NY takes a 10.5% hold of the company. Moral is very low and there is a huge lack of communication from upper management about what this all means. It is distracting to many employees who seem to be waiting for the other shoe to drop. If you are considering a role at the company I would definitely recommend you keep a close eye on their stock and what the media has to say. Elliott is not going away and if you want to be at a company that is growing and has great positive energy this is not the place for you.

I wish you the best of luck. This year is going to continue to be very tough from what I can see. Communicate early and often with us and help us read between the lines so we can encourage our teams. You have brought in what appears to be some great executives in the past year. I only hope they can turn things around quickly enough!

Great Experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome people, good work culture.

Cons

Remote work to be entertained more.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology