Riverside Medical Center (IL)

www.riversidehealthcare.org
  www.riversidehealthcare.org
There are newer employer reviews for Riverside Medical Center (IL)

New Journey

Current Employee - Department Secretary in Kankakee, IL
Current Employee - Department Secretary in Kankakee, IL

I have been working at Riverside Medical Center (IL) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After 25 years in a financial industry my job like many other people was eliminated. Two months after, like many people, I was diagnosed with cancer and was treated at Riverside. It was during this time that I made the decision-I am going to work at Riverside. The staff made me feel like I was a friend, not a number. They were so caring, attentive and professional that I wanted to be part of this remarkable team.
I applied for a position that I knew I could "step right into" based on my experience. After three interviews and clerical testing I received the call. I did not get the job, they hired from within. I asked if there was something I could do differently next time and was told no, Riverside tries to promote from within if at all possible. While it was disappointing not being offered the position it was good to know they take care of their own first.
I was determined and after about six months I became an employee of Riverside. I am fortunate to work for a company that cares about their employees. I am proud to be part of this team and one of the nation’s top 100 hospitals. Riverside is one of the largest and most appealing employers in our area. My journey began over two years ago with Riverside and my plan is to retire from Riverside. A smile, eye contact, patience and kindness can mean everything to someone. I go home every night feeling good that I touched people in some way.

Cons

None that directly impact me.

Rounding to continue assuring all employees they are important. It takes all deparments to make us a great organization,

7 Other Employee Reviews for Riverside Medical Center (IL) (View Most Recent)

Tense and cut throat money is the only thing that motivates.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kankakee, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kankakee, IL

I worked at Riverside Medical Center (IL) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some very good employees. Close if you live close.

Cons

Very cut throat. No motivation to go above for patients or co workers. Upper management removed from employees who actually work.

Riverside Robert G Miller Center is a beautiful facility with excellent nursing care

Current Employee - Nurse in Kankakee, IL
    Current Employee - Nurse in Kankakee, IL

I have been working at Riverside Medical Center (IL)

Pros

Short drive to work and the people I work with are professional and friendly

Cons

Tremendous work overload due to nursing shortage with unfriendly management. Cares about bottom line not quality of care for patients regardless of their advertising appearance.

Get back to basics of quality of care for patients and respect for employees

There are newer employer reviews for Riverside Medical Center (IL)