Riverstone Residential Group

The Positive Reviews Are Fake

Former Employee - Property Accountant  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Property Accountant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Riverstone Residential Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office in downtown Dallas was very convenient to DART
Some of the people were very nice to work with
Attempt at being a paperless office

Cons

Poor, unqualified management in accounting department
Antiquated processes and inefficient procedures
Not open to suggestions or change
Culture was horrible and environment was unpleasant
Pay was lower than market averages
Benefits were expensive and they didn't pay for neither parking nor public transportation passes nor did they subsidize the cost
Disingenuous and dishonest CEO required staff to post dishonest positive reviews!
I know firsthand that the CEO called a meeting and requested that staff in the DFW office come on this site and post positive reviews because the rating for the company was so horrible. If you look only at DFW reviews, you will see that all of them are positive and they give the CEO a 100% positive rating. Please do not be mislead by the false positives!

There is something very wrong at RRG and no advice I could give would make it better. From the property managers to the Accounting Managers and Controllers, from Single Family to Multi-Family accounting, it's just all very, very wrong. My very first and only suggestion would be at the very least that Accounting Managers be qualified to be Accounting Managers; do NOT hire people with no accounting background or degree to manage degreed and experienced accountants!

181 Other Employee Reviews for Riverstone Residential Group (View Most Recent)

Riverstone Strong!!!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Riverstone Residential Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

An amazing company that offers emergency assistance to employees, great benefits, incentives and a huge potential for advancement! If you are looking into property management look no further; There is no better place to begin your career in property management! My family works here on multiple properties and in multiple positions, as well as several friends and we love it! No other management company can compare to the opportunities Riverstone affords their employees.

Cons

Company events are not family friendly.

I absolutely love my property manager and regional manager!!! They are both very involved and never hesitate to jump in and help =-). Open door policy!!! You never feel uncomfortable asking them questions and they are always patient and respectful! Hard to find in a supervisor.

It was so much better when it was HSC!

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Riverstone Residential Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People (co-workers) work as a "Team". When there was a deadline, the whole department would pull together and help out who ever needed it. Co-workers are friendly with one another. The benefits are okay.

Cons

There is no such thing as a work/life balance. And things are done int he "gray area". One manager in particular is a bully. If she doesn't like you, watch out because she'll have you fired. Can't get any work done with all of the checklists that are in place.

Let people think for themselves sometimes. You might be surprised with what you find.

There are newer employer reviews for Riverstone Residential Group

Worked for Riverstone Residential Group? Contribute to the Community!