Road Machinery

www.roadmachinery.com

If you want a career, go somewhere else

Current Employee - Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

If you want to make money while looking for that next job, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Road Machinery is the place to go when you want to end a career. If you are starting a career or are midway through a career, this is not the place for you. No consistency in standards. Upper management makes the rules as they go along, and subsequently decides how rules will be enforced. Leadership in the corporate office is ineffective and lack any kind of integrity. There are some that have industry experience within upper management, but current President is a joke and is more worried about adding a line on his resume than providing meaningful guidance and direction for the company. The CFO is a joke. There is more back-slapping among executive committee members for being ineffective and making excuses for their very poor business decisions.

Every one of you should be fired by the current owner, and then they should sell the company to someone who actually cares about customer service and their employess. Road Machinery was once a great company when privately owned, that is no longer the case.

Other reviews for Road Machinery

Wasted my time there.

Current Employee - Administrative Sales  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrative Sales in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Its a job in a rough economy

Cons

A company riddled with double standards. Good employees leave in disgust. ivory tower upper management. Never any communication. Disipline is carried out depending who you are not the offense. No recognition on acheivements.

The CFO needs to get a life. Treat you salesman with more respect. ITS A HARD MARKET OUT THERE. Good luck in the future you will need it.

Nightmare on East 22nd Street

Former Employee - Lead Man  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Man in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The best reason is the Money. They have deep pockets when they want someone to go to work for them.
       Road has an excellent training program but it is not properly used.

Cons

For me, working for Road was a nightmare. I have over 30 years experience and all my past employers couldn't be wrong about me or my abilities.
       The training program is used as a dangling carrot. "I can't give you a raise until you take these tests. Doesn't matter if you pass them or not, just take them." When one does take the tests he is generally told that there is another reason why he can't have that raise. As a lead man I saw this many times.
       I should have "smelled a rat" when I was at a orientation meeting and the class was told that "H.R. and the Safety Dept. ran Road Machinery and if we crossed them they would bury us".
       This is the honest truth.

Senior management should try to learn to communicate with their employees and offer constructive criticism and not just a daily dressing down. Management should refrain from lying to their employees.
       Mr. Atsushi Tanimoto is not the C.E.O. at Road. If he knew what actually happens on a day by day basis, He would stop it.
       The C.E.O. at road Machinery is as ineffectual as any I've ever seen and should step aside.

There are newer employer reviews for Road Machinery.

Worked for Road Machinery? Contribute to the Community!