www.robertallendesign.com

It was interesting

Former Employee - FO/PS in Foxboro, MA
Former Employee - FO/PS in Foxboro, MA

I worked at Robert Allen

Pros

I loved going into work everyday, the diffrent people that I created friendships with and I still keep in touch with some of them, I had a GREAT manager and miss the place dearly just wish they had never let me go. Oh well Im sure they will re sell the company again and there will be more lay offs and new presidents blah blah

Cons

Wish they never laid me off and I wish they would give all the employees in Foxboro a raise because they are the reason why the company is still in buisness, they do more work then selling furniture or fabric. They put in the long hrs and they get nothing in return, think its been at least six yrs since anyone over there has received a raise. The sales people were always number one and thats a shame.

Treat the office employees with Repsect and let them know that they are appreciated, give more incentives christmas bonus would be nice or a company raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Other Employee Reviews for Robert Allen (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at Robert Allen

Pros

Great opportunity to be responsible for the growth of a territory

Cons

Commissions are low based on the effort and time put into running your territory

Change the compensation structure

Positions available on the "Titanic", please see management.

Former Employee - Sales in Laguna Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at Robert Allen

Pros

One of the most compelling reasons to work for Robert Allen is the industry experience. For someone right out of college, it is a valuable spring board into the opportunities of the design industry. It is very definitely a a job for someone with no children as they will demand 100% of your time and energy . You can expect to pay some expenses that you might expect an employer of this caliber to pay but don't be surprised if you are asked to perform a variety of tasks without compensation. Certain expenses which you will be expected to pay are not optional.

Cons

They do not value experience. The company has a well established history of terminating employees with years of seniority. They have no loyalty and think nothing of replacing veterans with people from outside the industry.
    The company is ego driven and will not entertain new ideas unless it comes from Senior Management.
    In my experience this company would do well to clean out the managerial rat traps..... They're full!

Value your employees. Respect the workers on the front line, those who interface with your customer. Listen to constructive criticism and conduct focus groups before you try to re-invent the wheel.

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Allen