Robert Half International is a scam and a waste of time

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Robert Half for less than a year

Pros

None stay away scam staffing firm

Cons

They brought me in to their office in Irvine, CA to interview with a sorry recruiter claims to be a technical recruiter. Acted like a used car salesman. Was all over the place and drilled me on where I interviewed and with who. He wanted names and numbers too. He said he was using me to get names and numbers to help me out and not to double submit me. Ya right, when I told him I don’t remember he was like ok what about hiring manager you worked with. He boldly told me that he wants me to give him leads. After he wasted my time for an hour. They did not even validate my parking. It cost me $14 dollars and never heard back from him again. I emailed him and called him no reply. Scam staffing firm

Hire good pepole and sop trying to under pay candidates and use them for leads

Other Reviews for Robert Half

Meat grinder

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

A few nice people! It's also a great way to learn about other companies in the area!

Cons

-10 hour days
    - unrealistic sales metrics
    - poor training
    - extremely high turnover rate
    - very hard to build a book of business when your manager dosent allow you to visit/work with certain companies.
    - negative environment

Better training, update technology

Unethical, Uncertain, Unbelievable!!!

Current Employee - Division Director  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Division Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Because the company is so bad some of the people you meet there become lifelong friends. It's a bond that I don't believe you can get a too many other companies.

Cons

Where should I start?
    Though you're told in the beginning the hours are 8-6 you quickly learn they're more like 7-7. Every morning, mid-day, and afternoon is the same: Call more clients and get more business. Even if you're doing well business wise your manager will always ask "What are your numbers for next week?" It's a never ending demand of more, more, more. You'll learn to hate the phone as managers will constantly "crack the whip" demanding that you call more clients. Many clients can't stand RHI because they're aware of this management style, tired of speaking to replacements, and are sick of so many phone calls from different "lines of businesses."

The turnover is unbelievable!!! I've had many different bosses and a different excuse for each. Co-workers are fired for not meeting numbers, not being the right fit, and sometimes no reason at all. It would be understandable if it didn't happen every week! You get to the point where you don't even bother getting to know people until after their first year.

Finally, this is the most unethical organization I have ever heard of. Managers have inappropriate relationships with employees, we're forced to interview candidates simply to meet numbers knowing that we'll never find a job for them, and we're told to jack up prices on our clients. All this from a company that brags on their slogan of "Ethics First."

Promotion criteria is based on unethical relationships or employees that "kiss up" to managers. It's an extremely hostile and unpleasant place to work. To top it all off, when an article came out naming RHI one of the worst places to work we were told to come to this site to post a positive review. It's good in a way as that's how I found out about glassdoor. I promise you, every negative review you read about RHI on this site is true.

Practice what you preach and get rid of people you know are unethical. Stop playing the numbers game and learn to groom your sales people for the better of your business. All of this is a waste because there is no help for this firm.

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!