There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half

Risk Consultant

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor

Pros

Well known, professional, good coordination

Cons

hight rotation due to the nature of the work

842 Other Employee Reviews for Robert Half (View Most Recent)

Very good and great for students

I have been working at Robert Half

Pros

Great for students and if you just need something quick, at anytime.

Cons

Their website have fake job postings but if you are on them then they will place you somewhere else.

A Legal Sweat Shop That Cares Little About Its Employees and is all About Quantity not Quality

Current Employee - Recruiter Manager RHT Perm/Temp  in  La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter Manager RHT Perm/Temp in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very few. I find myself sincerely trying to come up with a few but there is not much to brag about with RH.

Cons

An environment of constant turnover due to lack of leadership, guidance and training. They give you no direction and you are expected to figure it out if you want to survive. I have worked for two other fortune 200 companies in my life so understand that with Big Corporations the quality gets lost in the desire to grow bigger at all costs. People were fired quickly if they didn't feel like you were the right mold or did not produce almost immediately. They would just call people out and later that day tell us all that another person was gone. They sell you on a dream that is truly a nightmare to work for. They proof is in the action expecting their employees to work every holiday with the exception of the big ones. They would allow the employees to go home at 3pm on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve as an example. Besides health benefits there were little benefits in fact they even made you pay for parking 100%. Even the highest ranking officer in this area would make jokes that during trainings saying "we get to buy the employees El Pollo Loco."

The environment is extremely staunchy with little to no positive feedback or kudos from management with the exception of the the brief cheer for a sale but hurry up and go get another one. The training was the worst of I have seen in a big corporate environment and for a company that is supposed to be known for their training they literally live by the motto "Sink or Swim." From my direct manager to the regional manager they threw you in the water and expected you to just go swim and if I heard it once I heard it a hundred times that this is a sink or swim environment. When trying to ask questions since there was literally no training at times myself and others I worked around were ridiculed and made fun of our in front of our peers or they made you feel like you were incompetent since you were asking questions.

These guys flat out do not care about their employees in any form and only wanted the numbers...regardless of ethics. This seems to be the RH way as one of the top recruiters from a competitor put it...they care nothing about Quality and all about Quantity. We were told to focus on bringing people in for interviews even if they were not placeable as a candidate, not provide parking for them and practice our skills which to me was completely unprofessional as many of the individuals were broke and out of work trying to find work. We were told to just get them in the door. There were issues with people taking commission credit inappropriately that was ignored by management and would just turn their head or say they would look into something but just give lip service.

This is a place that will make you feel like you are a number and little more. Not only did the new people leave quickly, during my time there,I saw very talented people just say they felt like it was a very unhealthy environment and their health meant too much to stay even turning down raises to stay.

I know the economy is bad but there are plenty of great companies out there willing to invest in you, guide you and give you the leadership you deserve to be as successful as you choose. Unfortunately Robert Half is not one of those places.

Invest in your people. Train, train, train people or talented people will not succeed. Give guidance, direction and create an environment and culture that created team work not individualism. Acknowledge the obvious which is your turnover is as bad as it gets in business and you will create and build a team of talented individuals that will complement the Robert Half name not give it a bad name.

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!