There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half

Great Team and Compensation but company can improve

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager
Current Employee - Recruiting Manager

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're in a city with a good team, work is fun. Amazing $ potential. I was able to make 6 digit income by year 2 with company and around $200k every year after. If you put your time and effort into building your book of business, it is possible. I was lucky to be in a group with a supportive team and manager. Work day is always full of jokes and laughter with team.

Cons

Cons - takes time to build trust with senior team members. High pressure work environment. I'm a high performer but still feel stressed and loose sleep when having a bad month. Long work hours. Seems like every year corporate changes compensation plan to benefit company at the employees expense.

APPRECIATE your employees. We are out there working extremely hard for ourselves and the company. Only to be rewarded by compensation plan changing NOT to our benefit every year. How long do you think your top performers will continue to put up with this year after year? Our loyalty can only last for so long if we continued to be undervalued. Yes, we fully understand and are aware that Sr. Management's 1st priority is to your shareholders....

844 Other Employee Reviews for Robert Half (View Most Recent)

My experience at Robert Half International

Current Employee - Staffing Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, although aggressive, is held regularly and there have been some takeaways that I've used for other positions since I left.

Cons

50-60 hr. work week, poor leadership in most management roles, high turnover, poor image among cilents (that I have discovered since I left the company), low morale, management seems to survive by firing people and taking credit for their sales. Limited number of clients to call on, due to having burned bridges with most of the clients in my region. No remote access, so that if outstanding items occur in non business hours (as often they do in staffing), you have to physically be at the office to access information.

Treat employees more respectfully. Sincerity and authenticity would go a long way in retaining and developing employees. Consider more flexible working scenarios, given that the staffing industry is challenging in terms of hours worked, stress, and achieving financial success.

Awful company values and leaders

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Able to build your own client base. Good amount of vacation time. Competitive bonus structure. Good 401k and health benefits.

Cons

I am not really sure where to start. The job security is awful. The fired one of my colleagues out of the blue one day after months of telling her how great she was doing. In addition they do not really help you to build leads or determine business strategies. They track your "connects" which is based on the number of clients who answer the phone. You will literally dial over 100 people a day and at times feel robotic. Perhaps the worst thing about this company is the leaders and management. The leaders in my branch were incredibly unprofessional. They would arrive late and leave early. They would gossip about the staffing managers via company email and would constantly snap about small questions. At times management has called other staffing managers "retarted" for not following guidelines properly. It was a truly toxic environment and I left just a few months in. What was worse was that when one of my colleagues presented her discomfort with branch leaders to higher management it was dismissed as that she was unappreciative for what great leaders they were. It actually seems unreal that I actually worked for a company that treated people like this.

Do not promote people solely based on sales. You definitely need leaders in leadership roles. The corruption within my branch ultimately drove the entire staff away.

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Half

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!